Catylst 9.11 V2 Beta4

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by chrishathaway, Oct 17, 2009.

1. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster

thanks dude will definatly try this. edit, just checked this ini and the dx10 was off thanks heaps for pointing this out

as for a.i , i have crossfire card so i need it on, not long now till 9.11official

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    It "works" what is it meant to work. It is meant to load optimized settings for games that ati driver development team has made them for. :) Nothing. If game isn't detected by catalyst AI it is as good as turned OFF, otherwise it may play "smart" and screw things up, like in NFS shift or in Borderlands.
    It does nothing else except loading optimized profiles for games, mainly used for crossfire performance improvements...Putting it on "advanced" forces AF rendering (alternate frame rendering) effectively making CF work for games that don't yet have CF optimized profile in drivers.

So to put it simply, knowing that ATI driver team needs at least a month to put out a driver optimized for new game , AI is useless for new games, and it may even lower your image quality since it overrides some of your settings in CCC...

Cheers!

PS. It screws up NFS shift for one thing, disable it and you will see performance boost (at least on 9.10 catalyst). In three weeks I swaped gtx260, 4890 and 5850. 5850 has by far worst performance in NFS shift of all 3 mentioned cards. GTX260 played it 60fps constant with vsync on 1680x1050 4xAA (supersampling forced from drivers). 4890 and 5850 stutter on race start or when there are lot of cars in front. It is not an issue with ATI cards, but EA issue, nevertheless, catalyst AI enabled makes it worse. Try and see. I have seen it, if you have not - then I don't know what to say. I am not going over into that argument ;)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  3. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    First of all I do not play NFS shift, second of all I do not need you trying to fill me with useless information. I've always put it on advanced w/o a hitch.

Oh and for seconds I played through Borderlands, and the 2nd playtrhough with it on advanced without problems.

You are the only one arguing about useless things. I'll set my drivers how I will, and to what works for me. You set yours to what works for you.

I shared my findings, not start a flame war like you are trying to do.

4. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    What can I say? Good for you. I guess, based on your "adult" arguments that you are 13? Never mind, just ignore my posts. Catalyst AI is magical setting, if not ON, all is wrong in the world :D

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    You are the only one bringing up arguments. If you recall you took uneeded offense to a personal experience of mine.

6. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    if you had experience you would now what AI does and I would have no need to replay to you. I am not arguing that it is not working with borderlands on 9.11 when it is enabled, I am just saying that you don't lose anything if you disable it.
    It's only purpose is to detect games that are being run and load optimized profile for it from driver if it has any.

I did not take offense from you at any point, I just find it childish to argue about it when I present you the facts about a function that you think does who knows what.

If you take offense on the fact that it does not do what you believe it does, compalin to ATi, I have nothing to do with it :D

cheers

7. chrishathaway

chrishathaway Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 @ 1105/1645
    I should know if these drivers are much cop for MW2 in 10 minutes :)

8. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX2070 Black
    Help!!!!!

Heya all... I tried out the 9.11s and they did create abunch of "artifacting(sp)" in Borderlands and NFS Shift, so I went back to the 9.10s and its still doing it!! I have enabled and disabled AI and it doesn't help. Can anyone please help me to fix this? All my other games work fine. Any ideas what went wrong??? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

---Peace

9. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Great job making up things i never said and saying i said them. Very manipulative you are. I never said Catalyst AI did anything but work fine set to advanced. Stop posting garbage, and look before you leap the next time.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Let us know asap please I want to know roughly how my card will run it. Obviously it should support Xfire off the get go as its running on the same engine as COD4 but just wondered.

11. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    You called drivers bugged because A.I. does not work in borderlands. It does not work because the profile it uses is incorrect, it is not a bug. So your comment and conclusion about a "bug" is "garbage."

stop being offensive. Your attitude is childish at best.

12. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Well you are the aggressive one, so just leave it. You are just making this flamewar worse. So if you are so "old" and "mature", you should make an example and act that way? Act youre age if you are so old?

13. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Speak for yourself a little more, you are the one that attacked out of the blue. It IS a bug with a BETA driver. Why must you act childish defending a driver?

See my point?

This can go on and on, so you should be the "Adult", and stop being manipulative trying to say I started something you did. YOU took OFFENSE to my findings with a BETA driver. The only one that was OFFENSIVE and CHILDISH was you sir.

I suggest a mod close this thread and start a new thread with the same topic name, because this guy will keep going.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    In Before the close!

The internet used to be a nice peaceful place...

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Yeah, back in the day. Just can't make a comment these days without someone getting on your back for no good reason.

16. pekka

pekka Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580twin frozr PE
    well i have all settings amxed in CCC and in game :
    cod 6 maxed
    dragon age maxed
    no hickups what so ever then again i can´t play higher than 1360x768 have no monitor it is connected to the tv :)
    well still some games show that even though they can be demanding

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    If thats a HD tv then havent you got it connected via a HDMI cable so you can select the HD resolutions? Do you have it connected via VGA?

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    Everyone is sooo angry these days. Flame and troll posts everywhere you look. The steam COD:MW2 forums are the worse i have ever seen. Pure hatred...

Sorry for going off topic!

19. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    Too much vi.agra spam on the Internet, not enough Ritalin spam ... also offtopic :)

20. blitze

blitze Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 4870 1GB PCS+
    What happens when MDMA and THC is so persecuted by Gov's :lol:

So much rage.