Cats 3.9 Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Okay, we prolly should call it "3.9" but Fuitsu-Siemens distributed a new ATI Radeon driver with build number 6.14.10.6396 which is the closest thing to Cats 3.9, but you can't call them that way. Originally these drivers worked for the Radeon 9200 / 9600 & 9800 series only, however the .inf file has been modified so everyone can use them. This is a specific Windows XP set, I'm not sure if it'll work with Windows 2000.

The files are dated October 25, 2003 ! and the archive size has been repacked and now is 6 MB. These drivers ahould be considered highly beta, use them at your own risk !

Next to that we serve a 9MB package with the Control Panel for these specific drivers with build number v6.14.10.5057.

Download Radeon Catalyst v6.14.10.6396 (3.9) Beta
    http://download.guru3d.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=690

Download Radeon Control Panel v6.14.10.5057 (3.9) Beta
    http://download.guru3d.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=691

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    I have Windows 2000 and they work a treat.

3. nofool

nofool Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 Superclocked
    As of morning, 27 Oct...

...there have been over 400 viewings of this post. Does anyone besides Ghosty and the Godfather have any comments? Has anyone noticed any temperature anomalies, monitor weirdness, or any problems? If not, these may sure be the go-to drivers for us to use.

Prudence and common sense made me roll back to the 3.7's when dozens of people reported all kinds of destruction and problems which they attributed to the 3.8's. But, if these Beta 3.9's are safe, I'd like to use them. Comments?

By the way -- thank you, Godfather, for this new section for Catalyst drivers. It will be very helpful to focus driver discussions on drivers!

4. Junk

Junk Guest

loaded them last night.

no temp changes, but it's been a cold, midwestern month!

i axed 'em and reinstalled the 3.8's.

i thought the beta drivers had very crappy aa quality.

on a side not, i REALLY dislike all this catalyst beta crap. that's what i hated about nvidia's drivers.

i understand that a few of these beta releases were 'controlled' by ati (imo to fight the monitor/card frying scare), but just make 'em final then..

5. THunDA

THunDA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor x1900xtx 675/783
    True ..Junk.. I hated all the beta's also..But I think the only reason I installed these is my new mobo in coming today in mail and a format is gona happen tonight..So I figured what the hay..lol Im not sure yet..I think the 3.7's had better AA and I might just fresh install with them tonight..

Thunda

6. Methroix

Methroix Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1
    I've never used the Cat.3.7's so I can't make a real statement about the AA quality.
    Actually since I got this card as late as last week I must admit I'm still amazed at the AA quality in comparison to my old GF4 Ti4400 :)

But enough of that...
    I've found these drivers can't render smoke correctly in Rallisport Challenge. It's always gray.

I'll try the Cat.3.7's (since the Cat.3.8's did wierd things to my monitor) and see what happens.

::EDIT::
    Seems like the change of drivers made no difference. But I noticed after a bit of playing that it was only on three tracks, the first Hillclimb tracks. I can't remember if was like that on my GF4 as well, but it looks odd...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2003
  7. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I have a free day today. I'd love to give these betas a whirl.

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    I've gone back to using DNA's 3.8 drivers. I had problems with Halo with these 9.0 beta drivers. When playing Halo i noticed that the game kept spluttering every few seconds.

I'll be waiting to the offical 3.9 drivers come out now.

9. Rotterdam

Rotterdam Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 Amp Edition
    How did you get your core that high??? Did you make a Vmod???

My 9800 pro is running now @444/378(756).This is the setting without any arti's.

Ray