Catalyst won't install

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SnakedSnake, Sep 12, 2014.

1. SnakedSnake

SnakedSnake New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    Good evening !

I own an R9 290 Tri-X from Sapphire, and yesterday I tried to update it for the first time, since I had my new PC not a long time ago.

I uninstalled the version I had before trying to install the new one (14.4) but it wouldn't work ! They only offer me to install the AMD device manager and the audio driver, here's a screenshot. My computer's language is French, sorry about that. >> prntscr.com/4lxr0e

To sum it up, I've lost the audio and the graphic drivers, and I can't figure a way to fix this problem. I tried numerous versions (13.12, 14.4, 14.8 from here) yet they still offer the same thing despite my attempts to install them properly by using DDU and cleaning the register using CCleaner.

Notes: -In the Device Manager, my GPU is referred to as Standard VGA Graphics Adapter.
    -The GPU is connected to the monitor using HDMI.

I came here really desperate in order to find a fix to my problem. I would be really grateful if anyone of you guys tries to help me. If you need any additional information that could help troubleshooting the problem, ask me, I'd be happy to provide you with some answers as soon as I read your message.

I apologize for any English mistake I may have made and thank you for your time.

2. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Post a screenshot of your device manager please.
    Ill try to help a bit more tomorrow as its late here.

3. SnakedSnake

SnakedSnake New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    Here it is >>> prntscr.com/4m125j <<<

Thank you for trying to help. :)

4. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    à ce que je peux voir tu semble parler francais. Si tu veux, je pourrais t'aider a verifier ton ordinateur a distance.

Si tu le veux, envois moi le ID et password the Teamviewer a wagnard28@gmail.com et je my connecterai.

5. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    It appears the SM bus driver is borked, so it cant read your device ID of the GPU.

6. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Yeah he should re-install the Intel INF software.