CATALYST Control Center

Discussion in 'Links' started by Rich_Guy, Sep 2, 2004.

1. samurailos

samurailos New Member

GPU:
    ATI 9800PRO 128mb DDR (256 bit)
    Personally i prefer the CP version, seems more advanced interms of video card settings and uses less resources too, though windows can be tweaked so the CCC version doesnt use any resources.

But i dunno, hopefully they dun switch totally to ccc anytime soon.

2. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Rich_Guy sorry to be off-topic, but how're your temps with that beast of a card you have ? :)

3. Use ATI TRAY TOOLS for awhile and you will see my friend.:)

4. Jimi-101

Jimi-101 Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor X1900 CF Edition
    I'm having the same fkn problem. I decided to switch to CCC 'cause I'm sick and tired of ATITool playing up, ATT doesn't even support the X1900 and Rivatuner doesn't switch between 2D and 3D, and now CCC doesn't even work. I'm using .NET 2.0

EDIT: Found out you need .NET 1.1 and 2.0 installed.

EDIT: Anyone know why in CCC I have AF set at x16 but when I'm ingame, you can tell it's not on?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006

5. vglover

vglover New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9800PRO 128MB
    Where is the standard ATI control panel? I never saw it.

6. khelben

khelben Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950Pro
    Hey gurus. There's always 2 "CLI.exe" running at the background according to Task Manager on my system.

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Tri-X OC x2
    Yeah thats normal, ive got 3x, 2 at the top of the list, and one further down near the bottom. :)

8. shredder@play

shredder@play New Member

GPU:
    ATI XTX1900 512 X-Fired
    Gurus of the Video...

For whatever reason CCC wont run,load, operate, I have read , tried and re-tried all the suggestions I have read in the forum. Says Runtime not running, cli.exe wont run because an object isnt there or an instance of an object isnt there.
    Tried the re-install clean of Cat 6.12, tried the netframe ver 1 , 1.1, 2 ,3 tried ATI tray tools(atiodngov1612), ATI Tool, Systool. All these services were attempted one at a time and after all ATI software removed prior to trying next one. No Cli.exe running anywhere in processes all though it does come up long enough to create error events.

CCC still not running and I cant find on any of the 3rd party stuff to ENABLE crossfire. Is it enabled by virtue of installing 3rd party drivers?
    I can grab the ACE event file and the driver versions if anybody is up to the challenge of fixing the problem for me.
    (Beats Head on desk over 3rd format and re-install of RAID , XP and Cat 6.12. ) I just cant imajine it would be this involved installing a pair of vid cards.

---frustrated

9. Xabregas

Xabregas New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5770 1GB
    Hi!!

Well, i have a ATI graphics card (x1950Pro) and i don`t like CCC, so i`m thinking in unninstall that crap, but i have noticed that ATI control center don`t have the AVIVO video options. So i`m asking u guys, that must know better than me, if without CCC we don`t have the AVIVO technology or i`m saying a big
    dullness :frown:

Thnks!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  10. tocopherol

tocopherol New Member

GPU:
    X1900 xtx & x1900 crossfire
    CCC keeps messing me up if i change a setting and use the apply button it does not change the setting or it changes other settings eg if i change catalst ai from standard to advanced it may also change my v sync options or my anti aliasing options. obviously i have some weird bug but i cannot fix it even after uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and ccc, using driver cleaner cleaning cab files etc.

11. zju_amon

zju_amon New Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GV-R80P256D
    I still use my X800 with 5.6.The stability is most important.

12. chas

chas Member

How do i get back the basic control section under display in control panel??

13. debgram

debgram New Member

GPU:
    Radeon X1650, 256 MB
    How come in my Overdrive nothing comes up, it says ATI overdrive capabilities have not been properly intilized.

Deb

14. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    I think it depends on the card? since the higher end cards have the heat sensors etc... I could be wrong.

15. debgram

debgram New Member

GPU:
    Radeon X1650, 256 MB
    I have the Radeon X 1650, I guess that's not high end enough.......lol

16. TatharAmandil

TatharAmandil New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire x1650Pro Agp 256MB
    try enabling the "Ati Hotkey Poller" from the system services

17. debgram

debgram New Member

GPU:
    Radeon X1650, 256 MB
    Nope that doesn't work either.

18. daimroc

daimroc New Member

Well, I have catalyst 7.12 and HD3850 connected to a CRT monitor.

With this monitor i always have to increase the gamma of the color because if I don't do that, I see all very dark. But it's necessary with all the graphics cards that I have had (nvidia).

My problem is that when in the CCC I configure de correct gamma in the color options (I configure desktop and full screen 3D), when I enter in a game, the gamma back to the default value, so I see all very dark again. When I exit of the game, the desktop also is darker (with the default values), so I must to enter in the CCC to reload the correct values of the color. I don't need to change the configuration, only to enter in the CCC.

I use a limited user account in windows xp, and I also notice that when I try to configure the gamma in the avivo options to see the videos correctly, it only works if I use an administrator account, and it's ignored if I use a limited user account. So it is a inconvenience too.

I think that it would be several problems. First, when the CCC gives the control to the 3d application and second, when it is used several accounts in the system. Some one could confirm this problem?.

Thanks.
    Daimroc.

19. Ourasi

Ourasi Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    Gamma is screwed, happens here aswell. I do the opposite, I have to lower gamma in 2D since I got an LCD. And every time I exit a game or bench, it goes back to default. Very annoying, and I have admin rights in a single user XP environment...

20. drdoo

drdoo Active Member

GPU:
    7600GT
    are you aware there is also a gamma setting for Full Screen 3D as well as Desktop...set them both the same and you won't have that problem :banana: