Catalyst 9.2 drivers discusion thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by StimpyOz, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kapo

kapo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    Same thing was happening to me. Except it wasn't the game you are playing, it was just about every game I owned. I was coming off a fresh format too to fix that code 43 problem and put the 9.1's on and everything was crashing all willy nilly. 8.12 Hotfix drivers are good, though.

2. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Any word on when 9.2's will be released?

3. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI Duke
    I will if 9.2 don't work. I really don't want to but it's for the best. I just hate reinstalling all my crap again and getting things the way I like.

4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    No, that's not what you stated. Here have another look here. Based on this information, "your version" of Vista may be what's contributing to your code 43 problem.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009

5. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    i have seen threads here where nvidia users are getting code 43 error.

6. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Are you implying a possible trend?

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    No driver is perfect. nVidia, ATI, Creative, Intel, etc all have their share of "issues". The "trick" is to limit user induced problems. I'm getting 80+ fps at 1680x1050 with all my settings maxed in WoW. Not all users are seeing these framerates. There are people running single and SLI'd GTX280's with comparable or faster systems that are struggling to get above 40fps with graphics settings turned down. People need to format, reinstalling everything and test PRIOR to screwing up their systems by trying to "tweak" them. 90% of ALL computer problems are directly caused by the user.

8. pekka

pekka Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580twin frozr PE
    no 9.2´s yet?
    well i guess we won´t see them until say 25th-28th?
    hopefully tomorrow but that is a bit optimistic i guess, wonder why it is so hard for ati to get these drivers for the HD4800 line to work, they just don´t seem to get them to do what they are supposed to like crossfire and stuff.

then again installing drivers in vista can be a ****load of work but who knows.

still 25th or so i guess

9. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    Kind of a gross generalization don't you think? I for one have no problems.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    It isn't hard for ATi to get drivers out, they don't have to release them this week as they still have a week of this month left, as thats what they do, release one new driver in every month, so they can wait till the last day of this month if they wanted, as they would still be out on time. :)

11. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Whats hard about installing drivers? Run the exe, select express update, reboot and done...... Easy....

12. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI Duke
    lol doubt that. but thanks

13. pekka

pekka Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580twin frozr PE
    well i tried the new 9.1´s from DNA maker and i messed around for 5 hours resulting in a new install i even had the 8.12 hotfix and then CCC stopped working and vista went totally nuts.

so now i have the "original" 9.1´s in this new install one other question is the "betas" rc´s of SP2 healthy to use or can they mess vista up?

14. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Really? Yet, you believe that SP2 would also break your version of vista. Interesting...

15. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI Duke
    #1. I highly doubt a boot loader for vista will cause code 43 on and only on 8.12 and 9.1.
    #2. SP2 would break the boot loader versions 2.1.2 and below. There are newer boot loaders that will work with SP2.
    #3. On 8.12 few people had the code 43 because they had more than 4gb of memory and that was supposily to be fixed in 9.1 but didn't fix it for some people. Maybe they had a cracked vista? or maybe not? How about this, if you reformat it works, and it's on a cracked vista! Wow how about that!

It comes down to, that having a cracked vista doesn't give you error codes on new graphic card drivers. Also I would like to add, back when I got vista it was $300, now OEM $180. Is Vista still worth that? No. Thanks, please come again.

16. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    You do realize that you are arguing with yourself here, right? :heh:

17. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI Duke
    Meh. Anyway can't wait to see the improved multi cpu optimization on 9.2.

18. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    I noticed with this code43 crap that i forgot to put the bridges back on my gpu's after moving some cabling and the hdd's around so when i shut down the pc to reconnect them then logged back in, i was hit with a good old code43

maybe microsoft should fix current issues before making more crap aka windows 7

19. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    LOL, good way to get him to see his own error when replying. It's also funny how he tried to change his original post as well.

20. Ellisdee

Ellisdee Member

GPU:
    2x4870x2 1x8800 Ultra
    hmm y should ms invest time in an os whats talked to death by boons with lowend machines aka windows vista? in windows 7 there are much less gpu driver bugs at main thing u see u can use 2 diffrent wddm gpu drivers at same time even the work on sp2 is wasted time :) cant wait for 9.3 to see the win7 improvements lol who starts the wehn its coming thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.