Catalyst 7.7 Drivers Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HamidFULL, Jul 18, 2007.

1. ProfBP

ProfBP Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    no real change in perfromance for me versus 7.5 drivers, but the textures in my games look better.

2. dedejean

dedejean Active Member

GPU:
    GeCube x1950pro 256mb
    That will not fix it... the contrast is too high and is wrong. Cant you see that there is still something wrong with the colors? Try playing your favorite game and play around with the gamma, you will notice that it is not right.

seemed like only x1900/50 series are affected by the color-washed-outness since you 2XXX owners didnt have it. I still dont get it why they wont fix it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  3. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    One thing I can report about is the performance of this driver in DX10 Lost Planet which I play at 1920x1200/med-high setting/2xAA/8xAF and I got 15-20fps with Cat 7.6 and my cards in CF mode. Now, at the same setting and with only a single card (since CF mode is broken in 7.7), I get about 17-25fps. I dunno if 7.6 is messed up in CF mode, or whether there's a marked improvement in FRs for 7.7 since I can't get CF to work.

4. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    in vista64 opengl games seem to run a bit more normal, stalker seems a bit cleaned up and i havnt had to reactivate my ati color panel once in CCC. the driver release notes say the "reactivation" is resolved in 7.8, but ive rebooted many times in the past couple days and the gamma doesnt oversaturate the screen and stays at driver MCE levels like it should every time, and the reactivation tab doesnt break.(not the same issue as the dimm screen ,its exactly the opposite,and must be reactivated to normalize, but it seems fixed now so f*k it.)

overall id say it seems things are shaping up rather well for the 2900xt in vista64, things are functioning properly and stable, and bugs are disapearing rapidly.actually, 7.7 pretty much took care of the rest of the bugs i was having and i havnt had a single crash since 7.5 so im happy . im guessing though 2900's are getting closer to the time when the groundwork is done and built and the the focus will turn to performance optimization, cuz the most ive seen so far is bug fixes, which is great im not complaining, all my bugs and stability issues were takin care of in 2 prompt and on schedule driver releases. good job.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007

5. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    No I have the issue also, X1800XT

6. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Ok remember on one of my post that I said cat 7.7 wasnt working properly? Ok this is what I did:

Since I have another hdd I did a clean install of windows xp, install all updates,chipsets,defrag,etc. and installed 7.7. This time it worked. perhaps cause the driver was causing conflicts when trying to uninstall,clean nvidia drivers. lost planet and oblivion does work with this driver but there is no performance gain from 7.6. fps stayed exactly the same in oblivion on the same save spot. fear had the same % fps. 83% over 40 fps, min fps 21 the 8800gtx is 31. Lost planet seems like its running the same. Usually 6-20 fps in the beginning with max quality settings @ 1920X1200 resolution, adaptive aa enabled to quality,aaX8,afX16,etc. I'll be posting some videos on youtube maybe later so be on a lookout. Going to make 2 videos. one for 8800gtx and one for hd2900xt 1gb. And yes my oc'ed speed within cat 7.7 is the same I had with 7.6. I need to re-install all of my games on this backup hdd. Still debating to wether to keep this card or not since the 8800gtx is working perfectly still. Havent decided yet lol.

7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Also When I go back to my 8800gtx on my other hdd, I will uninstall the beta driver that I got on there now and go with one of the early drivers to be fair. cause hd2900xt for drivers to bloom is going to be awhile. So on my video coming later you will see hd2900xt 1gb oc'ed vs 8800gtx oc'ed with an early drivers to be fair on both sides as hd2900xt 1gb is fairly new and the drivers got long ways to go. See ya soon.

8. arfster

arfster Member

With regard to washed-out colours etc, there is a problem on the 2400/2600, in Vista and XP, where all HD material is expanded to PC levels (ie to 0-255). You don't get an option to change this, and the MCE/PC setting in Vista makes no difference (only affects non-video). SD material isn't expanded. You can see this in real time if you use ffdshow to resize, as soon as it hits 720 vertical lines you get expansion.

This is pretty obvious to anyone with a calibrated screen, but you can also measure it with screenshots and any photo app. Not sure how many cards other than the 2400/2600 it affects either.

9. McLan

McLan Member Guru

GPU:
    (G92)8800GTS 512M
    this driver with CCC cause windows loading slower and my Logitech profile don't load. tried twice, clean install, same result. when I use driver only, it's fine.
    It's strange, I use CCC befoe and no problem at all.

10. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    Stop picking your nose and eating it.....

JK :approval:

11. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Ok I need to make couple more videos for the hd2900xt 1gb version then off to the 8800gtx on my other hdd. So far I made videos for farcry and yes its still a stressful game @ ultra high quality settings,fear extraction point,olbivion,lost planet,prey(with the 60 fps capped turned off). Almost finished with hd2900xt videos and moving too 8800gtx. See ya soon.

12. BullaSorsa

BullaSorsa Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 7900GS
    I got color issues too when installing 7.6 but theres small fix to correct your monitor colours.

In catalyst control center, there's some menu to adjust Avivo colour ( in monitor properties if i remember correctly), slide the slider left or right and BAM you got default and correct colours. hope that helps, i havent tested that in these catalyst 7.7 but test it yourself

13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Ok I am almost done with the 8800gtx videos. They are going to be posted up later on today on youtube. I will provide links on another thread. All I got to say is its quite shocking. See ya soon.

14. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    sorrie for the wait. I am now compressing the videos and going to post them on youtube right now. Stay tuned on the videos on the other link.

15. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli

16. ITSIK86

ITSIK86 Active Member

The 7.7 fix The Aa Problem?
    Because I Cant Use Aa In 7.6 Its Just Dont Work
    Even With 7.5 And 7.4

17. dedejean

dedejean Active Member

GPU:
    GeCube x1950pro 256mb
    Can you please elaborate further... or better, post some screenshots. I really dont get what you are saying. If my memory serves me right, i tried all the possible tweakable settings with 7.6 to no avail, of course especially under the avivo colors. What particular slider are you referring to? This may be the solution for all of us wash-out-color-victims.

18. BullaSorsa

BullaSorsa Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 7900GS
    washed out colour didnt exist for me in catalyst 7.7.

In 7.6 i got washed out colours, and from catalyst control center in Monitor properties there's a option to adjust Avivo Color. I moved Hue option one step left and some reason my grey/washed colour turned back to normal. If u got same problem, try if that helps..

Sorry my bad english :)

19. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    Washed out colors can be fixed by going to Color Option, SCROLL DOWN and change black and white level to Microsoft MCE.

20. dedejean

dedejean Active Member

GPU:
    GeCube x1950pro 256mb
    I have tried that... it did change in hue, but there is still something wrong with the gamma and gray color.

that wont fix it... that is a temporary fix. But the contrast is too high and the colors are not natural. Try playing your favorite game and play with the gamma... you will see what i mean.