Catalyst 7.7 Drivers Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HamidFULL, Jul 18, 2007.

1. fearsjohn

fearsjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 1060
    it does go back to 2d clocks after the game exits

2. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Hmm nope dont have anyone of those problems here. Oblivion and lost planet work just as good.

3. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Hor HQF.. it's cause it's automatically applied..

personally.. i have not get times for test.. just play some games with 24x AA and all run fine with it..

4. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    windows vista 64 ultimate seems a lot smother on my rig with this new driver..best driver till now.

5. dedejean

dedejean Active Member

GPU:
    GeCube x1950pro 256mb
    washed out colors still present as 7.5 and 7.6?

6. juampi83

juampi83 Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 8800GT XXX 512MB GDDR3
    Thanks, will give them a try....

7. dedejean

dedejean Active Member

GPU:
    GeCube x1950pro 256mb
    i already verified it... still washed out colors

8. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    you guys are right..i tried an older driver and the colors are washed out with 7.7, but at least this one runs good.

9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Hmmm, never had washed out colors with my cards, since display driver version 8.36 till now, colors seem to be vibrant, too much so actually.

10. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    its weird..only the wallpapers are washed out a little..i can see the difference after i install the driver right after reboot..it's like the contrast on the wallpapers is set to a lower value.

11. dedejean

dedejean Active Member

GPU:
    GeCube x1950pro 256mb
    Lucky you... you dont see it.

@aLEx_nv
    well, its not only wallpapers. Everything actually, even in 3d applications/games. Once you entered vista, everything is pale. DOS MODE is not though. Contrast and saturation are very very poor. Last driver that was good is 7.4. HAvent tried 7.5, but they say that's where it started. I really do hope they fix it sometime in the near future... id rather have a 5%poorer performance than a 5% boost with poor color reproduction.

12. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's not same card.. with mine color are just perfect. Verify perhaps some settings..

Anyway Guy have test on XS, report a gain of +30Fps on CS and HL2 and in some other games with 2900XT..... bad, i have not reinstall all my games right now.

Someone can confirm?

13. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Wow... This is the first time I've ever had serious troubles getting an ATI Catalyst display driver to work correctly... I'm very disappointed in ATI. :mad:

Install attempt #1.) Failed. WDM driver installer hung. Reboot + clean install.
    Install attempt #2.) Failed. Same as above.
    Install attempt #3.) Failed. Same as above.
    Install attempt #4.) Success, but colors were messed up when I opened ATI Tray Tools's 'Display Properties' window [Displays --> Options]. It turned out that the "Temperature" slider automatically gets reverted all the way to the left each time the 'Display Properties' window is opened.

Not only that, but an application called "ATIModeSwitch" had appeared as a startup item. This item has never been there before! :mad2: ATI is heading into a worse direction it seems... I'm not happy at all. CS:S is still underperforming, like it has been since Catlayst 7.5.

EDIT: Dagnabit! Wrong thread... :(

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  14. Killabee1

Killabee1 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GT 512MB
    These drivers work just fine for me.. accually gained some points in 3DMark. Performance is the same in games.

15. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't know decane.. But your problem look more like a conflict with ATI try tools... not the driver himself.. I have ask around on forums, and peoples don't look lik got prob with the driver..

Anyway it's clear ATI/AMD, since 7.5, work more for stability and for include the new gen cards on driver... this is totally normal some problem appears with old generation... it have been same with X1800-X1900 for the X800 series.. Actually they need include the 2400-2600, 2900 512- 2900 1 go.. etc.. , they need look for software support, fix the games give problem with the new generation etc.. etc... and i don't talk about the prob with the avivo2 and old generation conflict, the new wdm drivers, and HDMI.. etc..

for peoples still using the X1k series, i will perhaps recommend don't swtich driver at this time..

16. fearsjohn

fearsjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 1060
    mine installed fine colors are fine also on a 2900 xt

17. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    This finally join my recommendation... ifyou have the X1K series perhaps wait one or 2 drivers for update it.. anyway i have again my X1950XTX here.. i will give a try, i m curious to see if only peoples using ATT have prob yet. ATI have change some little thing since 7.5, for color, monitor calibration, HD or simple video playback, a new thing in 7.7 is the video playback preset for example.. the LCD overdriver, and desinterlacing method.. ( this can be a details, but the quality of the play back movie is really really great with the 2900, i hope X1K owner have benefits too of this big increase..)

mmm i will update one thing... i have never see the CCC so fast since some drivers: I will dream all appliccations system open so fast... It's funny to see AMD ( the AMD team, now catalys crew,) have addition feature on the CCC, and see they have too accelerate a lot the open and down of it..

in other way, i don't know if peoples have try the edge tecknik for AA.. but the result look for me really great: there's not the blur on texture we can see in some games with the narrow and tent method... it's not needed use 24xAA, you can use 2x ,12x and 24x AA, personally i have not get prob play games with 24xAA.. I begin have the feelings the AA low perf in some case, depend of the system (CPU/memory), with a fine OC around 4ghz, it seems the loose is really, really decreased...

18. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Hey Lane, I found out that it's like you said: A conflict between Cat 7.7 and ATT. I wrote this in the New beta version discussion thread:

19. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ok nice too know...

20. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    if using Vista and have that washed out look. try changing the colors from pc Standard black and white levels to MCE standard black and white levels. in the CCC under colors at the very bottom.

That will fix it if your having that washed out look in your vista.