Catalyst 5.7's are available - Discuss here !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by nofool, Jul 14, 2005.

1. ibroxman

ibroxman Member

GPU:
    ATI X850XT. Platinum Edition
    Great set of drivers. I was having random lock-ups on Far Cry with 5.6 drivers, every few minutes. No lock-ups at all with 5.7`s, and I`ve been playing it for well over an hour now. Benchmarks also increased from 6470 to 6790 on 05. and an increase from 13,450 to 13.780 on `03`. I`m well pleased with these drivers. best set so far. Keep it up ATI.

2. futbar

futbar Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-RX80256D
    slight improvement in 3dmark 03 with o/c Vanilla x800 but i have 256mb ram and if i have read it correctly the improvements are aimed at 64/128mb ram cards.

Still Onwards & Upwards.

3. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    Mixed results for me. If you look below, the new board scores are with 5.6 and 5.7 are below. Sort of a mixed bag if you ask me. Then again, I did run the benchmarks back to back so that might account for the lower score in AM3.

4. DeathEvil

DeathEvil Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 470 GTX@800/1600/1700
    they work great for me. Highly recommended!

5. c0d3ster

c0d3ster New Member

I'm curious as to weather these would improve performance in the 128mb 9800pro series??

6. Web junkie

Web junkie Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X850 XT + Catalyst 5.11
    Dunno, but they sure as hell won't help your spelling, lol :)

7. Slaymate

Slaymate Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SLI 800/2000
    Well I usually never have problems. But I uninstalled the 5.6"s and ran Drive Cleaner like usual and restarted. Suddenly I was facing the bsod. Had to run setup and pick the repair option, reinstall sp2 and update it. Haven't tried any bench's as I just got it going again. Hopefully the update will be worth the trouble.

8. Darrin

Darrin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PX7800GTX @ 450/1250
    All I care about ATM is V8 supercars 2 has FSAA. If AA still wont work with this set then I am placing this card in bin and getting a new nvidia card.

9. Darrin

Darrin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PX7800GTX @ 450/1250
    THATS IT!!!!

I am O/C the hell out of this useless card till it dies and fries and then RA it and get a real card . Nvidia.

**** this ATIi **** i have had enough!

NO GOD DAMN AA IN V8 SUPERCARS 2! Thats 5 driver updates that have no effect or differents with this game.

BF2 looks the same and runs the same, like ****! And again AA will not work. Shadows look like ****.

Far Cry is the same.!

GTA 4 will not even load up! WTF?!?!?

It seems all ATI care about are bench mark scores, thats it. Thier way of thinking is simple. Too many tools only care about scores so ATI ONLY create drivers to give better scores and **** the IQ and real game perfromance!

3d mark is a curse on PC gaming, it is a vile programme designed to warp the minds of gamers ( as it has done ) and give them faulse impressions of their cards.

Updated Drivers give higher scores so you get the card with the higher scores. ATI know this so this is why their cards and driver suck. All ATI are ****ing good for are scores.!

10. c0d3ster

c0d3ster New Member

I am currently running a ATi 9800pro 128mb video card, and I ran into an error installing these new drivers.

I got a warning: "Setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. Please make sure you have the required hardware or software."

So I am assuming that these new drivers do not support the 128mb 9800pro series.

11. ludde

ludde Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS 9800pro 128MB 420/380
    Of course they do, I'm running them just fine with my HIS 9800pro. They also let me clock my card abit more, from 370 on the memory to 380 perfectly stable and without any artifacts :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  12. LifeForce

LifeForce Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800 Ultra SLI
    I ran into an error like that awhile ago, it fixed itself once I tried it again, so I really don't know a solution.

Anyway this is my first driver update in awhile so I hope im all the better for it.

13. bananaboi

bananaboi Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 9800 pro flash to xt @ 420/320
    The benchmark for 5.7's decreased from 5.6's, from 44,391 to 43,641 on AquaMark 3. I've gotten random artifacts in various games as well, and a lot of texture corruptions. I haven't had any problems with the 5.6's, and they just added more problems, with a decrease in performance.

PS. These drivers are terrible.

14. truAp0stle

truAp0stle Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI X800XL 256 @ 430~1100 ~Samsung 930b 19" LCD
    I only had about an hour experience w/ 5.7's when i first posted but after 2.5hours on 5.7's im going back to Omegas.

15. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 7800GT 256mb
    These seem to run fine on my system. bout the only game i havent tried so far is EQ2. 5.6's caused EQ2 to crash so hopefully these dont. tho i dont even play eq2 anymore so i wouldnt care if they did.

16. flexkilla

flexkilla Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT
    sorry some of you guys are having troubles with the new drivers, but they are working great in my rig....love them:)

17. marko

marko Member

GPU:
    Geforce Ti 4200
    CCC not working

The latest CCC does not work. Have tried various ways in install drivers and then the CCC but still no luck. Can get the CP to work without any problems.
    Anyone else had problems with the Catalyst Control Centre?

18. Stinger78

Stinger78 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    The drivers work just as well as 5.6 on my system. However, in CS:S stress test, and Doom 3 timedemo, I am now about 3 fps slower overall....w00t....

Not enough reason to have installed these drivers, but it takes too much to go back to older drivers, overall I rate these as 'good-enough'.

Off to try BF2 now, will post back if anything is wrong with the game, other than the blocky shadow thing....shadows worse than Far Cry, Doom 3, HL2, GTA:SA.....

19. f900

f900 Member

GPU:
    GTX 285 oc
    Known issues- Battlefield 2: Geometry corruption or missing textures maybe noticed when playing the game for an extended period of time under Windows XP with an ATI RadeonĀ® X800 XT installed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19709.

I have a 800XT installed...i'm going to pass until ATI can get it right....

20. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    before you go and buy a new video card just for one game, i'd like to remind you that some games simply dont support AA. Chronicles of Riddick is 1 example so you could go and buy 2 6800 Ultra's and run em in SLI and get nice performance but you propably still wouldnt have AA in V8 Supercars unless you know for sure that AA is supported on nvidia cards.

in BF2 you need to set AA from ingame options and set it to application controlled ( or w/e ) from the driver. if the game itself runs crappy, then i suggest you try different AGP aperture sizes in BIOS as this did the trick for me.