Catalyst 5.1 released!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MrIbra, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Cynips

Cynips Active Member

GPU:
    Visiontek Xstasy RADEON X800 Pro
    I bet you didn't get any alert during installation about not being WHQL certified. It's probably just that 3DMark hasn't had time to update their database to include this release yet.

2. BEERandSEX

BEERandSEX Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X1950XT
    Wow this is a good set for me atleast i play with everything maxed out 6x aa 16x af and most of my games run smooth as hell with exceptions of nfs2u and madden 2005.I'm not one for numbers cus i don't believe in benchmarks i go for actual play and Bf1942,UT2k4,COD Play sweet.But the big difference i noticed is Half life 2 and Counter Strike i don't know if it's because of the patches that were released are these drivers but it plays utltra smooth now and looks awesome.I noticed that the Image quality is way better with this set to because the colors look full and bright.Nice job Ati keep it up maybe now i will try these with ccc.

3. Thor

Thor Master Guru

GPU:
    x850XT PE + V5 5500
    My second driver install and second week with ATi card.

5.1 seemed equal in benchs to 4.12 but this so far first time I got CCC to work without seeing buggy stuff; like an error message during shutdown about "runtime".

Note that although numbers in bench for me only slightly better than 4.12, the temps stayed lower - this I like :) means when I consider future OC then I get a little more room.

So new kid on the ATi block certainly liking this new toy and its drivers...

:arnie:

4. MrIbra

MrIbra Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD 7770 1GB
    Well, I do see some positive comments on the Cat 5.1, so maybe I should give them a try.

5. InFiD3L

InFiD3L Maha Guru

GPU:
    x1950 Pro
    I think the biggest gains are on the 9800 Pro's (as mentioned earlier in this thread). HL2 has major performance improvements and increase IQ. Not had chance to test D3, FC, or UT2k4, but things are looking sw33t ;) Gonna put off buying that upgrade for a few more months (or at least until S.T.A.L.K.E.R. arrives) :D

6. kyles3786

kyles3786 Member

GPU:
    Visiontek x800 pro
    my fps capped at 85 for some reason i was using the omegas with the AI turned on and i was 100 fps with 6x aa and it dropped to like 70 at bad times

7. Silent death

Silent death Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT SC Edition
    Catalyst 5.1

Hi!
    I am using a Radeon 9600 SE Card and i downloaded the Latest drivers Catalyst 5.1 Classic ( non Catalyst control center)
    but when i ran these drivers it displays the following message:
    The installation is corrupted

can anyone tell me where to get these drivers for my card.

8. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Re: Catalyst 5.1

i suggest you try re-downloading the package and when you start installing it, be sure to disable any virus scanners that are running.

9. Thor

Thor Master Guru

GPU:
    x850XT PE + V5 5500
    silent death

Also can load drivers in sections at ATi if you using dialup.

try here if you want it gives option not to load CCC if you choose:

ATi home drivers in dialup sections

g/l

:arnie:

10. sevesoldier

sevesoldier New Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 7870
    These drivers seems quite stable with my system...can't really compare with previous set as I was previously using a 9800pro 256 megs/4.12 driver before I made the switch to the x800xt (wow that card rocks) :)

The CCC seems a bit improved over the last version (a bit faster and more stable) but it's still imo a big ressource hog in it's current state. I would love to see some improvements in this area for futures releases.

All in all I recommend this driver....I don't know how they benchmark since I don't care that much for benchmarking but they sure give nice, constant fps with very nice image quality in every game I play....keep it up ati

11. Darrin

Darrin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PX7800GTX @ 450/1250
    Sweet drivers all round.

Finally busted the 20K mark 2001 SE.

ALL games run better, UT 2004 runs at least 20 FPS better and HL2 runs nicer. Even doom 3 runs a bit smoother.

I would have to think that most people getting poor performace from this set are doing something wrong or their system is not set up very well.

ROCK ON ATI !!!!!!

12. MrPhyX

MrPhyX Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1800 XT 512M GDDR3 PCI-E
    These drivers are very fast.
    Great fps boost on all my games,super smooth and shiney.
    Allthough.............
    I have had a 3 lockups during gameplay since i installed them yesterday, and never any lockups before.

13. AN0MAL0US

AN0MAL0US Guest

These drivers will cause my card to stop transmitting a signal to my monitor in the middle of playing games. All of a sudden my monitor goes blank as if there is no signal being sent to it. I know the computer is still running because I can see the hard drive working and my fans are still ramped up as if I'm still in the game. Reverted to 4.12s, hasn't come back yet.

14. Thor

Thor Master Guru

GPU:
    x850XT PE + V5 5500
    wow such varied results from so many users of the driver set. I am guessing those with problems that did not say so are using the CCC?

suggest then if using CCC and having so severe probs to try the classic version.

both ran fine for me and CCC not that big a resource hog for me when I check the monitors/gauges/

g/l all

15. sh33p

sh33p Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3D x800pro | 474/491
    im getting the same issues with my monitor going blank but it lasts for like 1 second.

i think the drivers are great, CCC still using alot of resources which is why i just use normal CP and atitray

16. MrPhyX

MrPhyX Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1800 XT 512M GDDR3 PCI-E
    I am using the classic version but still get the ocasional lock up.
    No way i gonna go back to the 4.12's though ,
    The ocasional lock up is worth the incredible speed boost.
    Hopefully the next set will be more stable as well as fast.

17. Funkmaster J

Funkmaster J Guest

I was also getting the system freezes with these new drivers. Half Life 2 performance was definitely up, but Pirates! was freezing all the time. Going back to the 4.12's fixed the issue.

18. EnemyOmen

EnemyOmen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD HD6870
    Anyone with a 9700Pro get a perfomance boost?

19. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 Strix
    Hey guys

Whats the major difference between this and the rest?

20. EnemyOmen

EnemyOmen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD HD6870
    Mostly is bug fixes.

Thats what 99.9% of driver updates are for :)