Catalyst 5.1 released!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MrIbra, Jan 17, 2005.

1. MrIbra

MrIbra Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD 7770 1GB
  2. d_paluch01

d_paluch01 Master Guru

GPU:
    SWHAT!

thanks a million!!!!!!TESTING

3. Megabigd

Megabigd Master Guru

GPU:
    2 eVGA 2080 ti RTX
    Finally!!!!!! God I hated the 4.12's.

4. d_paluch01

d_paluch01 Master Guru

GPU:
    omg, these increased my fps in HL2 by 5-10 on stress test!im liking them already :D

5. agentZ*

agentZ* Active Member

GPU:
    X800 pro-stock-
    wow!, i really did hate the 4.12s aswell.hope to see some increase in performance and IQ!

6. ErickH2

ErickH2 Guest

ANY WORD ON RADIANCE?!?!??! Please tell me that it is there, I've been checking twice a day everyday to see if they are out to try out radiance... come on. IT HAS TO BE TEHRE... make it the only gift I get since I got nothing for christmast... is it there? :(

7. Ehecu

Ehecu Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5750
    *tests*

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  8. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    hate to disappoint you but i didnt see the radiance option anywhere in the CCC. :(

first impressions for me are that this aint a good set. got almost 10 fps lower in CS: S stress test but that could be cos of the CCC. gonna install the standard CP version see what happens just out of curiosity ( why do i even bother with the CCC :rolleyes: ).

9. milax

milax Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX295
    In the Issues Resolved in CATALYST™ Display Driver Version 5.1, They said that "Installing the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER under the Windows XP operating system (French version) now results in the localized French version being installed", but in the main download page, it's written that "The CATALYST Control Center is available in English only at this time. Additional languages will be available in future updates"
    Does someone have an explanation?

10. Opty

Opty Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Gecube x1900xtx
    Muhahahaha!!! :rock:

11. keytone

keytone Member

GPU:
    X850 XT 540/1200
    Looks like with ~500 views and only 9 posts everybodys waiting to see what other people say. Hey, I was one of those people too, but I just tried the 5.1s with HL2 and +WOW+ I stopped after 45 minutes when I realized I was only going to play for a sec to see if it was any better. On my machine the game runs about 10 fps faster on average. Much smoother, easier to play. Funny, I didn't see anything on ati's site about improved performance(?) NO "DIGITAL VIBRANCE" Here's my guess why: for ATI to do anything close to what nVidia have done would reek of patent infringement and ATI's lawyers made it clear long ago they just couldn't do it. nVidia beat them to it. What else could it be? They have to know everybody wants it. And you can bet they could do it, so easy. The real question is why hasn't any super-smart coder out there either ported a VIBRANCE-like bit of code onto the ati driver (or the DNA, etc.) or made some up? Heck, I'd PAY for the feature. Not much, but I'd pay. Anyway, this set looks like more of a 4.13 than a 5.1, but whatever; its just a driver.

12. Maurivillas

Maurivillas Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 770 Windforce 3x
    Oh, gosh...... I'm downloading them with the CCC. Never do it, but I decided to do it now.
    Guess I'm gonna try these ones and, if they're slow I'll download them without it.
    I don't have what to complain on the 4.12, but like to have the last ones!!

Até ;)

13. Evil-Taco

Evil-Taco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtec nVidia 6800 GT Pci-Express
    How could they be 4.13's. They are numbered by the date release not by features. Driver name = year.month. Im gonna bench the 4.12's now and then try the 5.1's.

14. EnemyOmen

EnemyOmen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD HD6870
    good to see lots of FPS boosts.

Ill wait for some more people to review it before i go swapping drivers.
    4.11s are doing good for me so far.

15. Barrett777

Barrett777 Guest

Me too. I also want to see if the Open GL perforance has boosted or not yet. I looked to see and they still hadnt fixed the glitch in pacific fighters yet. Way to go ATI!!!

Its staying with the beta 4.11's for me!

16. Evil-Taco

Evil-Taco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Benches the same as the 4.12's. But theres a fps boost in HL2/ cs:s so ill stick with these.

17. binkgle

binkgle Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek Geforce 6800nu 77.13 stock
    not that it matters mmuch to me (i've a 6800nu), but what's radiance? and what's all this about ati not being allowed to put digital vibrance in its drivers?

18. Evil-Taco

Evil-Taco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DV is copywrighted by nvidia, thus you cant put it on ati drivers. The talk back in september was ati was trying to develop somthing close to it ie. radiance.

19. MiNI

MiNI Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 unlock 950/1400
    good drivers..

and there should be some kind of support for a feature like "DV" sometime in the future

20. Phoenikx

Phoenikx Master Guru

GPU:
    Myself
    You bet I would :D
    Thanx :D