Catalyst 11.4 March 23 and forcing AA in games not working anymore

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ArcticZero, Apr 13, 2011.

1. ArcticZero

ArcticZero Member

GPU:
    HD6990 @ 900/1375 AUSUM
    The difference between having AA and not is like night and day with NFS:HP. I noticed I can no longer force AA using RadeonPro using the 11.4 drivers. Same goes for Oblivion, which used to have no issues whatsoever.

However I'm loving the performance boosts on several games, and I'm not sure previous drivers would work too well with my new 6990.

Is there any way at all to still force AA using these drivers? :)

2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    does CCC forcing work?

do you even need the boost for oblivion & nfshp? you could put atiumdag.dll from past drivers & AA should work if newer ones stop it

i'm pretty sure i saw someone having smeared objects showing up in the trees in nfshp when AA was forced though

3. ArcticZero

ArcticZero Member

GPU:
    HD6990 @ 900/1375 AUSUM
    Nope, forcing through CCC doesn't work either.

Yes, both games look horrible without AA. In Oblivion's case, you cannot enable AA and HDR at the same time using only in-game settings. NFS:HP doesn't have AA at all, and looks much worse without it.

I have no problems with AA on NFS:HP, and it looks quite awesome with 24xWide Tent AA. Of course, that's just my opinion and it's quite understandable if it differs with others'.

I just want my AA back. :)

4. Valagard

Valagard Guest

The 11.4 CCC is broken for AA

Only the AF slider and selector works, the AA function is broken

5. ArcticZero

ArcticZero Member

GPU:
    HD6990 @ 900/1375 AUSUM
    Well that sucks then. No other viable drivers to use with the 6990.

It doesn't work for RadeonPro either on 11.4's. I really hope the official 11.4's address this. :(

6. Isbre

Isbre Member Guru

GPU:
    290X Matrix H2O
    It works for me with 11.4, on all different AA modes at least in Bad Company 2, NFS shift 2, GTA SA and Crysis 2 but im on 5870 CF so maybe thats is why.

7. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    no i mean do you need the performance boost in the 11.4previews for those old games, if you dont, you can just use old dlls just for them so AA works

8. ArcticZero

ArcticZero Member

GPU:
    HD6990 @ 900/1375 AUSUM
    Anyone mind uploading atiumdag.dll from 11.2 drivers? :)