Catalyst 10.x BETA (8.74 April 6/10) Win All

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Apr 14, 2010.

1. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Google Docs Mirror!

No wait time, full speed download :)

2. dave11

dave11 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX6800M
    OpenGL 4.0/3.3 in these, OpenCL works aswell(unlike 8.73).

Bad Company 2 load times alot faster here. Nice drivers.

Dave

3. renatofaria

renatofaria New Member

GPU:
    Ati 5870
    Need to install ati profile's with this driver?

4. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Same here... Also when its not overclocked :bang:

5. Sevenz

Sevenz Active Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4870 512MB
    Tom2D Direct drawing to visible device is the worst I've seen, DIB buffering is slightly lower than I've seen. PC Pitstop 2D is also down. :(

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  6. Scythed

Scythed Member

GPU:
    XFX 5870 1GB
    Damn these drivers are starting to take up some space. So far they have been worth it. thx for the up!

7. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Does it has ATI Video Convertor ?

EDIT : yep it does, nice

8. Aix

Aix Member

GPU:
    GTX 580 3GB SLI
    Very nice. I just loaded up Valparaiso in 8 seconds. Great job; appreciate all uploads recently!

9. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    May I ask why some of you are worried about 2D performance?
    In my mind, I can't conceive of what I do in 2D that would need any kind of acceleration...so I could care less that Tom's little 2D bench says - my desktop still loads just as fast, browsing is just as fast, opening apps is just the same.

As for the clocks, mine is at 400/1000 and 300/1000 for this set, so I concur with those that are just now testing them.

On the note about the driver filesize, these drivers include a lot more than what you'll find in the WHQL drivers direct from ATI's site - Hydravision, AVIVO, etc. (which not everyone is going to use and will be separate downloads at the ATI site when they come out), but now we have the transcoding features, app profiles, RAIDXpert, SmartGart and both MS Visual C++ Redistros for x86 and x64...you're downloading a helluva lot more than you would if they were released drivers with the CCC, drivers and standard installer, and everything else separated.

The beauty about these kinds of downloads for me and other AMD chipset users, is that the only thing that's still needed to be downloaded is the SB drivers...everything else is right here in this one package.

And yes, this set does indeed have the new Video Converter.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see these on the official ATI site in the next few days, stripped of all the extras (again, Hydravision, AVIVO, etc, and in x86 and x64 downloads separately)

All in all, I don't bench much anymore, but I've been paying close attention to drivers and scores since I got this 'special' 5970, and I can tell you all without a doubt that the 10.4 drivers in this thread are by far the most impressive leap I've seen yet.

Psychlone

Psychlone

10. Th3_Edge

Th3_Edge Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    No change in BC2 load times for me.

11. renatofaria

renatofaria New Member

GPU:
    Ati 5870
    Gone from 30sec loading to 10sec!

12. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Why the hell i lose Signal video mode when installing those and the mysteroius drivers??

and i can't get the signal back, i can't see nothing, and need to turn off computer and it reloads.

13. ooohh, as soon as i get home imma download these. Sound very promising for 5 series users reading these comments. Looks like the loading times in BFBC2 have only been improved for the 5 series, not 4 series.

I'll be giving these a whirl.

14. bhokuto

bhokuto Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5670 HD 1GB DDR5
    maybe these need uinstalling before installing..

also, try installing with one card active if you have two cards, sometimes the older driver doesn't have the proper mechinism to unlatch or detect correctly as is the case with these, beta's. somethings are no doubt missed. Write an express email to ATI driver division and tell them the problem you are having so they can address this in the WHQL release and or the next beta.

Otherwise, I'm having a good time with these drivers. almost reached 54 FPS in Cinebench 11.5

15. with every driver release i HAVE to uninstall my old ati drivers and then install the new ones. Otherwise CCC just never loads for me. It's happened ever since 10.1 I think. So yeah, its an annoying job for me to upgrade ati drivers, i have to uninstall all ati software, app profiles etc, i even uninstall stream just to to make double sure.

But yeah...its kinda strange, i've tried doing driversweeper too but its the same with every driver, if i install over the top the ccc doesn't load.

I've tried restart runtime, ive installed the CCC seperated but still never works. Ever since 10.1. Ah well...its probably safer uninstalling all ati software first anyway - just time consuming is all.

With this aside, im looking forward to having a play with these drivers. I'm currently using the opengl 10.4 driver at the moment. Might record the differences in a few games.

I wish there was a BFBC2 bench, using fraps is just not an accurate way to do it.

16. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I think it must be because of the hybrid, anyone here has hybrid Radeon 4870x2 and Nvidia 8xxx card or 9xxx ?

because after the reset suddently it couldn't find the Geforce 8800GTX even though it was installed and everything, and there was no Nvidia Control panel shortcut in the context, so i restarted again and it finally appeard.

Does anyone know a good app to Fix the icons on desktop so it will save them and i won't have to organize 30 icons every freaking time drivers comes up , it's makes me sick ! so i can SAVE and RESTORE

17. Sevenz

Sevenz Active Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4870 512MB
    And to continue that same line of reasoning, who cares about a few points difference in a little Far Cry or Futuremark benchmark?

A lot of us do use 2D apps, like audio/video software, autocad, photoshop, etc. And when you want maximum performance from these apps 2D performance is extremely important. 2D performance is not about how fast an app loads, it's about what happens after that. If you've never suffered from a 2D slowdown then you're either not doing that kind of work, or at the same level.

I'm not worried per se (that gives one wrinkles), but I do keep an eye on it because ATI has promised 2D improvements since they have horrible 2D performance. I get paid money to do 2D work and paying the rent is more important to me than my 3D gaming.

Regardless, we're about the same because if you could care less, that means you still care, right? :)

18. Erqury

Erqury Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    This driver so far is my saviour for BC2. First 10 seconds to load a MP game. Second it didnt crash. :| IT has been crashing for the longest time. It has been driving me crazy. Will have to see if this stops the crash in Batman AA as well.

19. MadelineX

MadelineX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2

Photoshop and most of CS3 and up Apps are hardware accelerated these days.

20. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    K i've found cool app for desktop saving so you can save and restore icons easy as baby butt

it has support for all windows and Windows 7 x32 and x64, working good i must add.

http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Freeware/DesktopOK

EDIT : and why there is no Windows 7 WMV/9 Acceleration anymore in this set ?

is it any good ?