Catalyst 10.3pre (8.71) leaked (Win7/Vista)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Ti3Kob, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    im no troll mate, i just cant believe the advice you are giving out.

You Lavans should not be giving out pc advice, please stop ;)

2. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Agree...:stewpid:

3. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    who called you stupid? that s your method, good for you.

Lavans has been giving good advice why he should stop?

4. phr0zbyte

phr0zbyte Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super
    Hmm, weird but I'm going to have to side with Covert here, I never have any driver trouble when I driver sweep then install. I've had more issues with updating over old ones.. but I stopped doing that when I was on XP a very long time ago.
    /shrug

topic: So far so good with these drivers. ASUS 4890 running smooth, though, these are the first drivers I have thrown on them since I switched to ATI

5. XLR8

XLR8 Member

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB
  6. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    On XP i used to go into Add/Remove, uninstall CCC, then Display Driver, reboot as needed and install the new driver. Starting with Vista and now 7 i just install over. I see the screen going black on and off, the resolution dropping/coming back, and even the bi-ding sound so that tells us that it is disabling the monitor, uninstalling the current drivers, installing the new drivers and re-enabling the monitor no? I think ATI know what they are doing.

7. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    He's just mad that he's the only one that can't get these drivers installed properly. His only means of defending himself is through insulting retorts.

8. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
  9. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Well if your having issues when using this method chances are your rig is in some way unstable. Don't blame ATi for your own misdoing.

I've been using this method for over a year and I haven't had a single issue. Over various different rigs, both AMD and Intel. So it's pretty clear to me that if your having issues installing new drivers on top of the old ones it's more than likely a conflicting issue with your rig and not ATi's drivers.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  10. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    It's 8.703, probably 10.2 hotfix. Nothing to do with 10.3/8.710.

11. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    No probs here on my 4890's!:D

12. Kefran

Kefran New Member

GPU:
    ATi 5970 @875/1250
    Thanks for the "fix". It works. I had not identified the track details as being my crashes problem root cause.

So, bezel management management also works great on this game.
    I still have a framerate problem: framerate is horrible even with lowest details. It is really strange as it is the only game where I experience this problem.
    Anyway, I still have have Dirt 2 and Grid if I want to play driving games on eyefinity :)

Note that this 10.3Pre fixed an issue I had in Grid (micro-slowdowns in eyefinity mode that I had from 9.12 to 10.2 have now disappeared)

13. BlauweTulp

BlauweTulp Member

GPU:
    5870 1GB
    Have you patched NFS Shift to 1.02? It improved performance for my 5870 a couple of months back. I have to confess though, I did not try NFS Shift yet with the 10.3 preview drivers.

14. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    C'mon give me a big hug, lets not argue, lifes too short :)

15. XLR8

XLR8 Member

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB
    Sorry, wrong thread. :biggun:

16. Kefran

Kefran New Member

GPU:
    ATi 5970 @875/1250
    Yes, latest patch. And the framerate issue is really terrific: It seems to be around 15 FPS if my perception is correct. Anyway, I tested yesterday evening so I have just done a simple test on the optimum set-up (Eyefinity + crossfire + Bezel Management).

I will try different options and see what happens. Bezel management is a new feature and induces to play in custom ultra wide resolutions (5292*1050 for me). It is possible that this causes some performance troubles with some games, especially with crossfire.

17. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    well.. my wei is back up to 7.8 vs 6.0 and it hasnt crashed yet on the guru forums, i'll play some games and see if I get an improvement.

btw I always uninstall the previous amd drivers in programs and features, then install the new driver vs installing over the old ones, old nvidia habit

18. Wolfskin07

Wolfskin07 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I've been following this thread daily and I notice many users talking about shimmering with 10.3pre...Can someone post a comparison screenshot with 10.2 vs 10.3pre? I can't seem to tell the diference from 10.2 to 10.3pre regarding to Image quality...performance on the other hand is vastly superior with the 10.3pre =p

Using a 5970 at stock =P

Wolfskin07

19. Mersonix

Mersonix Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 550m
    I just got a BSOD in L4D2.

It could be my overclock though..

20. Razorrig

Razorrig Banned

GPU:
    HD 5870 Xfire 1025mhz

Where did I say that I had ever used that method before genius? LOL. Thats just it, I would never use it because its completely stupid and unwise.

And dont talk to me about an unstable system brother, I have been in the PC gaming scene probably longer than you have been living. My rig is P95 Stable for 12+hrs on all 3 test as well as Memtest.