Catalyst 10.1 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by [DiN], Jan 28, 2010.

1. olapaulakoski

olapaulakoski Master Guru

GPU:
    msi hawk 5770 1 gb
    Watersplash works on the whql from ati website for me also. I reinstalled dirt and direct x after driver install som maybe you need to try that.

2. jamiee

jamiee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified

Good to know it's a driver problem and not hardware, cos I just installed two HD5870's the other day and was wondering why my Sony BRAVIA TV suddenly wouldn't go into standby mode any more.
    It had been working just fine with my previously installed GTX 285's.

3. Wolfskin07

Wolfskin07 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX480 SLI
    Are you using 10.1 or 10.1 Hotfix? Cause I didn't try the 10.1 vanillae cause of the Crossfire and no AA problem...

Wolfskin07

4. olapaulakoski

olapaulakoski Master Guru

GPU:
    msi hawk 5770 1 gb
    Im using the whql from amd website.

5. Wolfskin07

Wolfskin07 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX480 SLI
    hmm So maybe if i install the WHQL from AMD's site and then the hotfix ones i can get it to work lol.

I'll try it later!

Thx!

6. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Damn anybody try Crysis with this? I get screen flicker bad, I rolled back to 9.12 Hot fix and it gets cleared up. Tried it twice so I know it no good for my PC cant play Crysis Wars with this driver!

7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    All Scaling options in CCC are grayed out with these even when choosing enable scaling. Worked in all other pre 10.1 drivers.

8. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    you can install the drivers again and try this 2 things :
    1) when you get the flickering, alt tab, then back again to the game
    or
    2) enable vsync in game options

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Does this driver fix the flashbang bug in MW2?

10. fagoatse

fagoatse Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    I have no problems with flashbangs at all. I'm on xp thou and I don't use 10.1 hotfix as they do NOT work on XP, the actual driver package containing xp drivers is missing, although ATI claims that they are for W7/Vista as well as XP.

11. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Bug? What bug? That's a PC exclusive feature! :banana:

12. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    I am sooo confused I do not know what version I have anymore. i installed the 10.1 hotfix from the AMD website but it still reads

Driver Packaging Version 8.69.3-100126a-094850E-ATI

At least my games (Dirt 2, Batman AA and Avatar) run smoothly and I can get AA working via the CCC panel.
    I will possibly do a clean wipe via safe mode and resintall 10.1 and then the hotfix

Jeeze!!
    Exasperating.

13. Enmity

Enmity Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FE SLI
    I'm one of the crossfire users on 10.1 originals and i've found a lot of games that aren't using AA as it should...does this driver fix that or do i still need to force AA in all games via CCC?

Coz aa does work...just not fully. Like for example in batman - aa works in game but in the video sequences it looks horribly jaggy lol

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Best to try the 10.1 hotfix.

I haven't had an AA problem with these, but I'm not using Xfire either.

But strange enough even though it says AA fix for Xfire and ME2, my single HD 5870 had no working AA in ME2, untill I installed the 10.1 hotfix.

15. Enmity

Enmity Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FE SLI
    oh ok, maybe i should try them then. I paid my internet bill today so hopefully it'll be working by the time i finish work haha. Otherwise i'll bring my memory stick into work tomorrow and download it on the dodgy.

16. abrarhaq

abrarhaq Member

GPU:
    2 x HD 5850 / 1024mb
    Correct me if im wrong, but i thought the dirt 2 watersplash bug is only for crossfire users... if i disable crossfire, i get the water splash back, however if i enable crossfire, the watersplash disappears ... the reason i say this is because you sig states you have a single 5770 ...

the 10.1 drivers and the 10.1 hotfix did not fix the water splash bug for me, i havent tried the new 8.70 RC1 or RC2 as of yet, but from all the posts, it looks like the watersplash bug is still there

17. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Ok tried both of those things didn't work thanks for try'n:bang::bang:

18. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Noticed I get bad flickering with these on my 2nd screen when overclocking. I know all drivers did it but the difference is with the others as long as everything in screen 1 was minimized there was no flickering on screen 2.

With these there is flickering even with everything minmized. So for watching movies on my 2nd screen I have to use stock clocks, before I would just make sure everything is minimiezed on screen 1.

About time ATI fix this, worse than it was.

19. erocker

erocker Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I'm using two 5850's and never encountered the missing watersplash in Dirt 2. I'm quite sure it's a DirectX problem and not a driver problem. I always thoroughly uninstall my drivers before installing (manually remove regestry entries, etc.) and have never had a problem.

20. Olvik

Olvik Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX Titan Black
    It seems incredible, but after much playing Colin McRae DIRT 2 had not had the feeling that comes over me now.
    It turns out that for formatting hard disk changes and cleaning of a multimedia hard drive led since last week without playing.
    The fact is that Catalyst had installed 10.1 official and I were great, so far. I start to make some runs when suddenly I get the terrible bars and some color screen tended to rosaseo. I prepare aa change the parameters of the graph through 5970 MSI Afterburner 1.4.2, I climb the voltages, the same problem, down, and even as I leave the factory last, just ... Screenshots.
    I keep reading the Fort where users tell their fortunes and even recognizes this as a bug in ATI's Catalyst.
    I decide to retest the Catalyst hotfix v8.69.3 RC2 [/ B], those who had given me so much trouble before, even in 2D.

As in all catches have online is very difficult to appreciate the difference in one to one with DX11 and DX10, but look where I've seen a huge difference, playing in the Chuna race, nothing else we are in an area iniarla high fog, "spectacular", in other areas as dusty Utah exhibited a very natural dust Candide, this is the effect not seen since he was only with the 5870 Catalyst 9.10
    By the way, the blackouts of the screen with DisplayPort gone.

Small adjustments in vontaje, because although DIRT 2 was of pearls, was not the same Need for Speed Shift [/ U] that produced the typical crash.
    [​IMG]

A greeting.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010