CAT epic fail in witcher2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mao5, May 17, 2011.

1. Illnino

Illnino Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Yeah Supersampling im guessing.

2. zaboleqqq

zaboleqqq Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR
    Guys Help.... My witcher 2 graphics looks ugly.. I have ATI 5770 with latest drivers and performance is fine but those "dots".... I tried different graphics settings and nothing :/. More shadows, more dots - ugly graphics... I tried off SSAO, BLOM etc. Finnaly I turned off all options and still nothing...

[​IMG]

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I agree that there might be too much whining and stupid thread titles out there but I see no reason to neglect the fact that CAP for the newest games are often released a few days (sometimes weeks) after the game itself is launched. If you do take advantage of CFX you would expect games to run on them, even on release date, would you not?

4. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX
    Im getting 30fps minimums and in some places 50fps, ultra without ubersampling.
    So cat not failing that much? :3eyes:

5. shaab

shaab New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    Mh I have maximum 30fps and minimum 24 fps in the first level, right after the tent.
    Settings Ultra without ubersampling.

6. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX
    those are when i look at, maybe when fighting i go down to the 20's, i get 30s and such with dragon and around.

50FPS are on closed places of course, not open maps.

Anyways i dont feel slowdowns and such.

7. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 5750 1GB DDR5
    Hi...

Well Waiting 4 Witcher 2 , U Guys with High ENd GPU's are getting low Fps ten how could i play with My GPU, the game is resource hog i think does Cap is good for Single GPU any IDea...

8. Amorpheus

Amorpheus Member

GPU:
    6960@928/1450
    Take a look at this thread. It's all people with multiple video cards, which is very prone to issues with new releases no matter if it's CrossfireX or SLI. Comparing your previous single GPU video card with your current dual GPU video card and concluding that who the chips came from is the biggest difference is very disingenuous.

9. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    From the developer: The whole scene is rendered multiple times to give best possible texture and object details and antialiasing (better than antialias and anisotropy even on highest settings).

The developer says this is intended only for those with both the best possible CPU and GPU available now (X4 980 / i7 980X and 6990 / 590).

It's also deranged, ignorant and stupid. :banana:

10. nzweers

nzweers Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 980Ti iChill Ultra
    I found that my flickering problem was caused by a monitor color profile. I use LUT Manager to load a custom color profile.

When I load a color profile, and alt-tab to the witcher 2, it flickers, when I alt-tab back, reset it, and alt-tab back ingame it's steady.

It is possible that a monitor profile or windows setting that edits the colors is responsible too.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Probably around 30 fps on 2x5850s (1920x1200@Ultra w/o ├╝bersample) which is too low for me. Hoping and longing for the new CAP.
    On the other hand, the game looks truly epic!

12. XxOsurfer3xX

XxOsurfer3xX Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 580 Windforce
    "Witcher 2 - CF profile - looks like a driver change is needed (can't do to much with just CAP) - will let you know more info when I have it"

Looks like they are working hard to fix this and Brink. Go AMD!

13. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    OBVIOUSLY it won't work well seeing as there isn't a driver yet that supports Witcher 2 well. Catalystcreator tweeted that they are pushing hard to get performance fixes to both single- and multi-GPU setups and that they need to release a new set of drivers, not just a CAP.

They can't have drivers ready for every game before it's even released. Go jogging while you wait or something.

14. MadelineX

MadelineX Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2

30 fps with all three cards fully stressed. With uber sample unticked 45-60 with dips into the high 20's.

Just have to wait on the caps. I'm excited though!

BTW- AMAZON has ifor $39 atm.

15. gbooster

gbooster Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx
    This game is so awesome. I am really struggling with waiting for the new driver to be able to play it with the ubersampling or play it now with the jaggies.

Has anyone been able to force AA instead of using the in game options? 4x supersampling would help alot. I tried to use it with radeonpro, but any AA setting caused a bad graphic problem where there were just two grey horizons.

16. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 1060 6gb
    Geting 100% GPU usage with latest May 16 driver. I Think everything is fine on signle GPU solutions ?

Max graphics AA enabled without ubersampling gives me 30-60FPS , depending on scenario

17. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 4GB GDDR5
    Isn't that just Super Sampling? Most SSAA (which I think use a much higher res than the selected and down sample it to the screen size)

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    As far as I know, only one of my GPUs is being stressed, I'll try with MSI Afterburner to check activity. Disabling AA boosted the FPS (of course) but the game looks worse (naturally).

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    11.5 CAP 2 released according do master Asder!
    Try 'em out to see if they contain support for Witcher 2.

20. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    Why guess if you can just use google?

From the developer: The whole scene is rendered multiple times to give best possible texture and object details and antialiasing (better than antialias and anisotropy even on highest settings).

The developer says this is intended only for those with both the best possible CPU and GPU available now (X4 980 / i7 980X and 6990 / 590).