CAT epic fail in witcher2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mao5, May 17, 2011.

1. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Can someone ask CatalstCreator on twitter, about Witcher 2 profiles or driver!

2. For Victory

For Victory Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 5970
    My game won't even load with CFX, it just goes back to the launcher.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I know we just need a new CAP. The question is how long that will take?
    Just think about all the problems with Crysis 2 and RIFT recently. Sure, they were solved but still...

4. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    I already have, He was pretty quick to reply about a refix for AC:Brotherhood last week so...

5. shimyns

shimyns Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    My god, a thread full of whiners. Just give them a chance to fix stuff. Bunch of teenage whiners the gaming community is.
    And I vomited all over my keyboard after reading for the millionth time the words "epic fail" in the title.
    Everything nowadays is "epic". :puke2:

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  6. D1n

D1n Member

GPU:
    MSI 750 Ti GE
    Are you really playing in that res or is the pic upscaled?
    Because in that res low fps usually come from vram running out

7. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    of course but let look at crysis 2 the sli and cfx issues are not fixed at all and they cant be without the action from the dev

be patient we will soon be enjoying witcher 2

p.s i am thinking not to play this game until i get my cross 7970 system :)

8. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    YOU! what 7970? please send links ASAP!!!!!!!
    Any news on a 7990?
    Edit: Cant find anything :(

9. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    it was just a thought when the 7 series of ati cards arrive i will play witcher2 but i think that i cant wait that much :)

10. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    When is it coming? The card?

11. panoulhs007

panoulhs007 Guest

i have 6950 crossfire and in wither 2 i have masive Flickering!Its like the screen Flashing!You know!I dont know why this happening!Its like Crysis 2 problem!I have the same problem in Borderland,Batman,Bulletstorm!Can you Help me?

I use 11.5a rc3.

I have the same problem with 11.4 too.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    What issues do you have? I thought I fixed all mine when I got some FPS drops at the last lvls but this could have been related to way longer FoV than the previous lvls meaning more graphics to compute or something like that.

13. WDeranged

WDeranged Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II
    Just adding my voice to the choir disgruntled, Radeon 5970 getting 30fps on low detail, disabling crossfire doesn't help, AFR mode runs OK but there is bad flicker.

Jumping ship to single core Nvidia soon I reckon. :pc1::biggun:

14. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3985821&postcount=57
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4851086&postcount=9

And that is with their beta released today. So please, by all means just do it. Because you are solely convinced that it just an AMD problem when Nvidia is having similar problems of their own. At least others will take heed as to what is being stated about this game and current drivers from the other side of the fence :).

15. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    There will not be a high end part this year from both camps (NV and AMD), so do not hold your breath.

As for witcher, the ubersampling kills the game straight off, I just used autodetect and it started flying straight away. I also lower shadows and other stuff nobody cares about and all is good. For a PC exclusive, the title is badly optimised, I expected by FAR a much better experience from a dated DX9 game.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Both shots show 99% GPU usage, so everything is working perfect in those Nvidia shots.

It's just a demanding game, people need to stop thinking something is broken, and the game has only been out a few hours, would give AMD a chance.

17. WDeranged

WDeranged Member

GPU:
    Most successful Witcher 2 reports I've seen have been from 580 users, I don't mind jumping to a smaller ship if the sails are less flammable.

The 5970 has been bugging me since I got it, 2D/3D clockspeed issues, tearing, 100% GPU bugs and mouse lag, on top of all that *every* new game I've bought this year has run badly without patches, drivers and RadeonPro tweaks.

I had a GTX 280 until eight months ago and holy hell was it less hassle, so unless PC gaming truly has gone to hell in 2011 I'm pointing the finger at my 5970.

18. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Yo Re , what settings and FPS are you getting???

@WDeranged

Bro same card as you and @ all settings full 30-45 FPS (outside) and all settings lowest 30-45 FPS (outside). Lets hope for a CAP by Friday... and not one that disables xfire.

19. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I just think you are full of it. You really don't have to announce a hardware change in a forum. However, since you did post I suggest that you go right ahead and make the change. No need to get into a long winded dialogue about it. However, truth be told at this point in time neither camps are reporting any improvements with the game. Even though you choose to ignore it.

Which in the end has nothing to do with the fact that drivers from either camp are bad. It's just one of those releases where both camps need time to perfect them. It happens all the time with this title being no exception.

But lets not get off topic as your preference in video cards isn't really valid in a thread discussing cat drivers for a new game in a AMD driver forum. :)

20. WDeranged

WDeranged Member

GPU:
    No need to be so defensive, and the topic is "CAT epic fail in witcher2" which I'm wholeheartedly attesting to...