CAT 6.12's out

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Download x86 - http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1534
    Download x64 - http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1533

Taken from the Release Notes :-

This release of the ATI Catalyst™ software suite introduces DirectX video acceleration for CrossFire™ enabled configurations.

Issues Resolved in Catalyst® Software Suite 6.12
    The following section provides a summary of the issues that are resolved in the latest release of Catalyst®. These include:

Black&White 2: Slow frame rate is no longer noticed when playing the game under Windows XP when setting the graphics to the lowest possible settings. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23714
    Neverwinter Nights: Enabling super AA and CrossFire within the Catalyst Control Center no longer results in display corruption being noticed within the game's main menu. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23718
    Catalyst® Control Center->CrossFire™: Attempting to resume from a standby state no longer results in the Windows XP operating system failing to respond when using a Radeon® X19x0 CrossFire™ Edition series of product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23713
    Catalyst Control Center: Setting the language option to French for the Catalyst Control Center no longer results in the text found in Catalyst Control Center being cropped. This issue was known to occur under all supported operating system. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23716
    Using PowerDVD to playback a DVD no longer results in the playback appearing choppy. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23719
    Catalyst Control Center: The translation for Centered Timings is now translated properly for Simplified Chinese. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24337
    The index in the Catalyst Control Center help no longer contains double entries for various aspects. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24338
    Catalyst Control Center->Help: Clicking on the CrossFire help no longer results in a page not found error message being displayed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24339
    Using the Avivo Video Converter to convert a video file no longer exceeds the 300MB for a VCD encoded file. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24340
    Catalyst Control Center->Help: Clicking on certain help file links no longer results in the incorrect help file being displayed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24341
    Catalyst Control Center: The Profile Manager is now translated properly for Italian. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24342
    Catalyst Control Center: Various options such as Select a Language and Deinterlacing for the Thai language are now translated properly. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24343
    Changing the language to Korean in the Catalyst Control Center no longer results in the degree symbol appearing corrupted within the rotation page. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24344
    Catalyst Control Center->Basic View: Selecting Japanese as the language no longer results in various aspects of the Easy Setting Wizard and Setup Display Settings not being translated properly. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24345
    Using hotkeys to switch between LCD mode and CRT+LCD mode no longer results in the hotkey function failing when attempting to switch back to LCD mode only. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24288
    Using PowerDVD to playback a DVD no longer results in the playback appearing jittery. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23719
    CrossFire: Playing Windows XP games such as Labyrinth or HyperBowl no longer results in display corruption being noticed in the game's menu page. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24335
    Hardware acceleration no longer becomes disabled when running the HQV benchmark DVD with CrossFire enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24336

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  2. TonyM16

TonyM16 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX SLI on Dell 3007
    Thank you, hopefully it will fix my Oblivion problem (see my topic).

On another note I do find the lack of fixes and tiny game fix list a little strange. Why on earth would they bother releasing a driver that does so little? I don't know :butt:

3. tHe_HyBrId

tHe_HyBrId Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6950 (Unlocked)
    Thx for the heads up, might aswell download them and keep up-to-date..

4. Vanadis

Vanadis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    Downloading

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    x1950 XT owners will just have to try em and see if they support their cards yet, i couldn't find any mention of it anywhere. :(

Can confirm x1950 XT 256mb is supported. :)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  6. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    I haven't noticed any change in these from the 6.11's. As long as they don't create a problem, I'm happy.

7. rage1189

rage1189 Banned

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
    finally ATI go off there asses

8. DayDreamer

DayDreamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 @900,4300@1100mV
    MMC works with VIVO yet?

9. Wendig0

Wendig0 Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor PCS+ AXR9 290X
    im going to stick with my 6.10s unless something major changes with the drivers.. Im getting good performance right now with all my games.

10. _RA_

_RA_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX
    bug fixes

11. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    getting them now woow they ar smaller than the beta

12. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    So all the 1950's are supported now?

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yes. :)

14. simnov

simnov Member

Lol screen go to stand by afer install and restart with catalyst 6.7-6-12. I have x1900gt

15. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Anyone here got a X1950XTX and see if it works?

Also has anyone seen any performance increases? Because when I went from the 6.10's to 6.11's I saw a 3k performance decrease in 3dmarks and about 20-30 fps drop.

Thanks

16. flashnc

flashnc Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    heads up

there has to be a problem with the install for you to loose 3000 in 3dmark, and 20-30 fps.....

ive not seen anywhere on any forums showing a loss of that nature in any cat driver.....

you can almost always see a differance of a few points and fps even when using the same drivers and running the same tests, but that kinda loss indicates a problem with something other than the driver.

17. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Put it this way, I installed those drivers, that what happened, I went back to 6.10 cats and everything was fine again

18. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    anyone tried the driver on a sapphire x1900XT 256mb??..if yes, how the card performes with this new release?

19. JimmyFox

JimmyFox Master Guru

GPU:
    2x ATi Radeon HD4830 CF
    It works fine with 2 X1900gts CF mode.

20. krocodile

krocodile Member

GPU:
    eVGA Nvidia GTX 285 SC
    Even though it's a minor fix, they fixed that very annoying issue with PowerDVD playing my DVD's back jerky. I actually like watching DVD's on my PC.. cause I don't have enuf $$ to buy a really nice LCD Flat or Plasma (yet).

No problem as of yet that I can tell, everything seems as stable as it was with the 6.11.