Cat 10.7a Beta for SCII is now available for download

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Jul 30, 2010.

1. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    TheJakeyl88,
    "AA is a big hit because, lets see, large textures, large resolution, an EXTREMELY large amount of objects, such as terrain, buildings, plant life, ect. "

You sure now? the game looks dated like a pile of old dog poo with low resolutions textures that was designed to run on cheapo Korean internet cafe computers, now compare it to COH a what? 3 year old game? that looks many times better and runs with x8 AA at twice the speed using all 4 cores and DX10 while SC2 only used 2 and does not scale on multi GPU or use DX10 or 11..

I'm enjoying the game but there is no doubt at all that it runs like total turd for the graphics it is displaying and now Nv and Ati driver creators have to solve the problem that should have been solved in betas which ran for years.

Imagine Blizzard using that old Wc3 engine which was not optimized for new systems, not even using 4 cores when we are starting to move to 6 is epic fail.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  2. Wendig0

Wendig0 Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor PCS+ AXR9 290X
    Well these drivers work pretty good on SC2 with my rig.

3. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    Best GPU Score in Vantage with this drivers.

4. gamer1291

gamer1291 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX-GTX-1070-O8G
    How much AA are you guys using and at what resolution?. I am running 1920x1080 60hz resolution and 4x AA with this hotfix driver well its somewhat looks better but when i put 8x AA FPS drops so much that my game starts to lag so i can only max 4x what about you guys?. My specs are at the left side i should be able to run max right?.

5. TheJakeyl88

TheJakeyl88 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 - 1GB
    Well my night of SC2 is ruined. I installed the patch they put out and now my installation is corrupted. Reinstalled, and on the third launch my install was corrupted again. Only thing I did was install the hotfix and get the patch. Anyone else have any problems with the patch?

6. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Dude, this is the driver thread, not the SCII thread.

7. nzweers

nzweers Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 980Ti iChill Ultra
    That's what forums are about, bitching. People are actually total jerks on forums while in real life they're fine. It's a cult thing. Nobody is nice on a forum, trust me.

By the way, I'm gonna test the AA which I am superexcited about and then get back in an hour to complain about the performance and insult blizzard about their bad game :)

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    there is talk in this thread of super-sampling. perhaps am being a noob here but isnt that the most demanding form of aa and it doesnt work in many games at all?

in fact i found only a few work really well with adaptive aa...correct me if am wrong but shouldnt we be concentrating on getting 4xaa multisampling working before trying adaptive or super-sampling.

would actually be usefull if someone could compile a list of games that you can use adaptive and super on...

i got it 2 work (adaptive) on assasins creed 2, and mass effect2, dragon age, napoleon and empire total war didnt like it all.

i must play around some more with radeon pro but have been lazy recently. :)

9. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    Performance drops almost half with 4x. No thanks, not so bad without aa.
    Talking about performance is same for me.

10. nzweers

nzweers Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 980Ti iChill Ultra
    I play at 2xAA at 1920x1200. With 4xAA the drop is too steep. 2x isn't perfect but a lot better then no AA. In big levels I actually get cpu bottlenecked. GPU is about 70% in big levels, while in the bar it's 95%. Maybe I can turn up to 4xAA in levels. I do love those cutscenes though.

11. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    Probably the text and the portrait set you on high alert :p Because (liek i said) from what I saw the game looked wicked on your system. Enjoy it!

I even zoomed in 400% to the text and other things, it wasn't blurry - just very rounded edges :) (adaptive aax 8)... the ssaax4 i could see your point especially portrait - 2d portraits aren't THAT bad...

I'm running it 1920 with 2xaa and loving the improved image quality, although it isn't as smooth (37-60 fps)...hopefully a crossfire profile will fix that.... *crosses fingers*

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I will only ever run 2xAA with ultra settings @ 1680x1050. Do I just set 2xAA in CCC and it will work in game? I still think that we'll see further improvements in future patches and drivers. Although the game doesn't look at all bad, it's far from the best looking game out there and so it should run significantly better I think.

My guess is ATI did a bodge job here on the sly to shut everyone up and the next few sets of drivers will bring more performance gains. This is the biggest game release in some time so they should want to make sure that they stay on par with nVidia...

What I'm hoping for is that the next few drivers and patches will address all these problems and then I should be able to play this at constant 40+ fps on my rig...

Oh, btw, just looked out my window and my new neighbor is a hottie!!!!!

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    that's not fair, I have nothing but praised this game, not really fussed about AA but if I can get 2xAA work with reasonable performance I'll be even more happy. I love this game, it's the first PC game that has grabbed me by my balls in the last few years.

14. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    what build is this neighbour, and are there screens?

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    she's a HOT build :) but went back inside, so no photos, what a bitch!!!

anyway, just tried these new drivers, AA works great, 2xAA has minimum performance hit and it looks better. What's the difference between all the AA modes? box, narrow tent, wide tent, edge detect? can someone explain this?

16. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    ok so it works for me too, but when on the ship the difference isn't that huge like without AA, and 4xAA hit's my framerates massive, from 60 with v-sync on, to 20's..sh*t, and with 2xAA to 30's, it really doesn't worth the effort.

17. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    How can keep my newer drivers and apply the SC2 profile from this release?
    Does it work when I reinstall only the CCC from this package?
    But I think they have separated application profiles now. There were some "Application profiles update". I hoped it will come in that form. Where can I find those files to update them manually?
    I currently have the system drivers from the 10.8b4 and the CCC from the OGES2 beta because these are the newest available versions (expect the SC2 profile in this set).

18. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    pls pls just dont start again that this is ati driver team fault, had enough of those post these days

19. Hans Dampf

Hans Dampf Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5970 H2O + GTX470 H2O
    Setup: 2x5970 + NV9600GT + 3x Samsung 1920x1080 in Eyefinity

installed 10.7a as follows:

****cleaner3.2.cmd and did full cleanup
    ATI +NV - reboot
    1.04FF and eyefinity setup including NV Overlay
    winsat - reboot - ULPS setting - reboot

Now ATI is ticked on direct compute and Physx , Open CL still missing

All tests done with CFX On and Eyefinity

Dirt2 (DX11): what a change!! game running at 100FPS .. 4GPU high scaling .. nice gameplay

BF:BC2 (DX9C): gameplay between 25 and 50FPS. 4GPU at ~40% .. was better with TwL drivers ;)

Grid: 1280max repatch 1.3 does not work 1280max 4GPU high load -unable to fix res

Crysis (DX10): what a change!! game running at 75-90FPS .. 4GPU high scaling .. nice gameplay

HAWX: a little reduced (200FPS) compared to our latest TwL driver tests (240FPS) 4GPU load at ~85%

COD MW2: 2GPUs high scaling at 80FPS -- no change

Risen (DX9c+PhysX): ~80FPS 4GPUs 80-90% (a little lower) .. very smooth

Metro 2033: 80FPS .. nice gameplay .. no change

Dragon Age Origins (DX9C): 100-150FPS 4GPU high scaling .. nice gameplay

Seems ATI have fixed 'Quadfinity' setups! :banana:

20. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    pretty much in layman terms, box is your normal AA mode. Now let's use 2XAA as a bench. When you move to narrow-tent, instead of 2xAA, it is now 2 x 2 = 4xAA (multiply by 2). And when you move to wide-tent, multiply by 3; and when you move to edge-detect, multiply by 6. Of course, certain modes have different effects, narrow and wide-tent generally makes the image blurry, though edge-detect works just fine.