Cases with Air/Dust Filters?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ExoriaX, Jan 15, 2014.

1. ExoriaX

ExoriaX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX 1080 Ti
    Hello everyone, I am looking to buy a new case with air/dust filters.

Newegg doesn't have option to filter "air/dust filter" so I can't get list of cases with that.

I would like anyone to make a list of cases with that or you can also suggest case with that.

Thanks!

2. BIGGRIMTIM

BIGGRIMTIM Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
  3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Many of the 'gamer' cases, or anything designed for high airflow will have some sort of basic filter. If possible on Newegg, watch the unboxing / review video of the case. If there's a filter, they'll usually mention in there when they show the case's cooling abilities.

4. chasus

chasus Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    If you can give a budget, your preference of the size (full tower? mid tower?...etc) and the general appearance of the case (eg side window? ...etc) and a link to your retailers (eg amazon, newegg ), then more meaningful suggestions could come faster.

5. MasterBash

MasterBash Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    my NZXT H630 has removable dust filters. The dust filters are quite tight so big particles wont enter, but its not as tight as a foam, which restrict airflow quite a bit. Everything except the rear fan (its an exhaust anyway... and the expansion slot brackets). The case is pretty closed, so not much dust will enter.

6. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I'll probably be buying the Thermaltake Urban S71 due to the 200mm fans. I'm sick of having my noisy ass Antec 1200. Pretty sure the S71 has filters.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  8. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
  9. Cooler Master

Cooler Master Cooler Master Rep

GPU:
    12gb
    Both the CM Storm Trooper and Stryker have dust filters. But like Chasus already said it would help if you could specify a little bit more what you are after.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Many cases have them .. try looking at Coolermaster/CM Storm cases like the Storm Scout Advanced 2 or 690 III.

11. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I have a Nanoxia Deep Silence 1, that has dust filters, removable and washable.

12. ground_zero298

ground_zero298 Master Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    I've been using Holmes Pre Carbon filters for years. Best air flow I've found yet, very inexpensive, just cut them to shape and install. Can be washed, tossed, or vacuumed when dirty. Last time I bought a pack and cut them up I got 14 filter for $14.99.

13. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2060
    You can clean every filter on this case without a tool. My case looks pristine inside after 8 months of use. I like it. The bottom mounted power supply has a slide out filter and the front intakes have a "lean out" filter.

The linked one is out of stock here, but there are plenty of other R4 cases.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352020