Case

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by illdrag0n, Oct 5, 2018.

1. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RX6800 XT
    Hey guys,

Getting sick and tired of my Antec 1100 letting in 1000 litres of dirt a year and making everything inside look generally like crap.

Is there a case out there that has good dust infiltration inhibiters? I'm talking front fan filtering, rear fan filtering, all cracks and vents etc etc. The antec just has too many entrances to cover and no dust filtering at all on the side, top and rear mount fans.

I have 3x 3.5" drives aswell, so some of these newer bayless cases are no good to me.

What do people recommend? I like simple minimalist designs, limited RGB, but a wide case window would be nice to show of the 2080.

2. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    Enthoo Evolv X

3. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    Why not just add filters?

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    This.

5. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    I have to stay out of the computer room or else my fans get a nice coating of Cig dust, and still i smoke........

6. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RX6800 XT
    I think the 2xfront fans vs the Big 200 and 120mm exhaust fans, plus some extra fan openings on both side panels just creates too much of a negative pressure and brings crap in.

I've gone for a Define R6 blackout TG, will run the 2x140mm intake 1x140mm outtake stock setup to try and achieve positive pressure and see how we go.

7. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RX6800 XT
    A new player has entered

[​IMG]

TyrantofJustice likes this.
  8. HisEvilness

HisEvilness Guest

GPU:
    ROG 1080ti 11GB
    Define 6 has good filters yes, Phanteks, Corsair or Lian Li cases also great picks.
    Installing filters on your old PC case would be a pain, and see if you can generate overpressure with your fans so will keep the dust out as well.