Case Modding

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Nagasaki, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Banned

GPU:
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3
    I am in the process of modding my case... nothing major just a new paint job.

I have almost finished praying the whole case matt black (only the insides/any gray bits)

I want to redo the paint on the out side of the case but im not sure of what kind of finish to go for

High gloss or matt. Opinons?

The color will be black.

But i am toying with the idea of a high gloss crimsion red or royal blue finish as well.

The inside looks sooo sexy now its mat black :D but its only got 2/3coats on it at the moment but i want to get maybe 2 more on there to make it more durable.

I would post some pics but i cant find my memory stick adaptor.. will see if i can get some half decent pics with my webcam.

:EDIT:

Pics but bad quility as they are taken with my webcam

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  2. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Banned

GPU:
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3
    53views and noooooo comments/suggestion??

Dont ppl like replying to posts these days or somthing? :(

3. MileHighMilitia

MileHighMilitia Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD4850 + TT DuOrb 700/1135
    I would go for either Semi-Gloss or High-Gloss. Just like when painting walls and such, matte paint gets dirty easy, is not as cleanable, and ends up looking silly. I've never painted a case, but i would think Gloss is the way to go.

As for the inside, looks good. I've wanted to do this for a long time but really dont want to be out of a computer for even a couple days.

4. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Banned

GPU:
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3
    cool

well you dont have to go without your pc..

I took all my stuff out my case. it then took me about 2 hours to spray a few coats on the case (letting it touch dry between coats) then i left the case for 30 mins to dry then very carefully put all my bits back in as the paint needs 2 weeks to harden so it will still scratch of really easy. So i didnt have to go with out my pc for long.. only 4 hours :D

5. CounterCraft

CounterCraft New Member

GPU:
    None
    [sarcasm]Think you need to invest on new monitor... because your tower 'graphic' is much better than what your monitor can produce[/sacasm]

6. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Banned

GPU:
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3
    your sarcasm escapes me... what are you on about?:puke2::stewpid: