Case Mod - Sandstorm II

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Sanjaya, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Guest

GPU:
    MSI gtx760
    Hi guys recently started a project to do a custom case build and here is the work log of the case. all parts will be made using fiberglass. Plan is to complete the mod within one month and I'll keep you updated on the build.

here are some pics:
    [​IMG]
    3D Rendering

[​IMG]
    Styrofoam piece.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. and let me know what you think about the build... thanks :) :)

Sponsored by EKWB
    [​IMG]
    Thanks EKWB

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  2. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Guest

GPU:
    MSI gtx760
    Updates : Fiber glassing

Hi guys, after sanding all the foam and making the shapes, tried to fiber it covered with masking tape, but the test piece melted. So I will use cement to make the mold, sadly i won't be able to keep the mold, then fiber it to make the case.

So the half finished case is like
    [​IMG]

and I bought the color changing LED stripes to fit to acrylic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wait for more updates :)

Sponsored by :
    [​IMG]

3. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Guest

GPU:
    MSI gtx760
    Cooler Master Sponsorship Seidon 240M Review

Hi guys, on this post today I'm going to do a simple review on the sponsor material I got from Coolermaster for my build, the Seidon 240M Liquid cooler and the GX II 750W PSU. I promise to keep it simple at the same time giving you all the information you need.

[​IMG]

CM 240M Liquid cooler is very good cooling solution for Gamers and mid-range Over-Clockers. Though it’s not the latest model of liquid cooler by CM (which is Nepton) and it doesn’t look fancy like a custom water cooling loop either, it’s more than enough to keep a properly overclocked system at high stress levels. This product is comparatively very cheap, where a custom water cooling system would cost more than two or three times of that this would cost. Also the main advantage in a closed loop is that you don’t have many maintenance issues, you don’t have to clean the loop frequently or be worried of leaks. This solution is perfect for builds like mine where all the internal parts are closed so I won’t miss fancy water cooling system, but adding it to an open system will not look bad at all.

Ok now talking about the components and features let me go point wise so it’s easy to read
    • Maintenance-free – for me most important because you don’t have to waste a half a day to clean my cooling solution, might be same for you. As I've mentioned before it comes pre-filled and closed loop, but there is a connector in case you want to remove the liquid.
    • A new efficient design for better over-clocking performance. From cold plate and pump to radiator and fans everything is optimized for better cooling and lesser noise.
    • The pump has a very durable n less noise design – 70 000 hours life expectancy and less that 25 dBA which is basically cannot be heard.
      [​IMG]
    • Durable and Flexible tubing - This system comes with a very durable and flexible tubing, you can twist it turn it it won't break. Also the tube ends have been connected in a way that you can turn it almost 180 for different positions of setups and the tubing is long enough for nay setup you like.
    • Ultrafine micro channels – which is as in the picture bellow very fine fin on the cold block to maximize surface area therefore increasing the heat transfer.
      [​IMG]
    • Large Aluminum Radiator – Everyone would prefer it to be copper, but the prices would be different then, but the denser fin design can make up for some of that missing copper.
    • PWM capable 4-pin Blade Master Fans (120CM) – these fans are pressure optimized to create and maintain enough pressure between radiator and fans. PWM fans gives control over the fan speed therefore reducing noise during low temperatures and increasing fan life
    • Universal Mounting solution – supports LGA 2011/1150/1366/1155/1156/775 and AMD FM2/FM1/AM3+/AM3/AM2.
    • Capable of push/pull/push-pull setups - A wide range of screw sets is included in the package.
    • Very silent cooling capability - less than 40 dBA, but this can vary according to your setup and fan grills.
    • Bow shaped Contact surface for best contact with the chip – It is proven that the slightly bow shaped blocks make the best contact with the processor. In the traditional flat face blocks the center of the block makes less contact with the processor reducing heat transfer.
    • Copper CPU block - As anyone would expect the cold block (CPU Block) is pure cooper build and has a very smooth surface for optimum contact.
      [​IMG]
    Apart from the above all the cables comes with a nice tight black wire sleeving.

Some people say why Cooler Master named this 240CM a “M” (medium) and the 120 CM one “XL” (extra Large), it’s because the radiator in this one is thinner than the one on 120XL, but it’s not a reason to think that the 120XL is cheaper and better, because the fin density in this radiator is higher than in the rad of the 120XL in fact it's higher than many other 240CM radiators, so still this radiator maintains that double cooling capabilities than the 120XL and also outperforms many other 240CM radiators.

The contents of the Package are as follows.
    [​IMG]

The cooling solution itself
    2x Blade Master 120CM PWM fans
    1x rubber seal for noise reduction
    1x Fan Splitter (4-pin)
    1x AMD Mounting Bracket set
    1x Intel Mounting Bracket set
    1x Back Mounting Plate
    1x Cooler Master thermal compound
    Screws for all kinds of possible setups

So that’s the basic review of the cooling solution. Soon I will update this with the cooling scores of the system.
    Thank you very much for referring to my review.

A big Thanks goes to Cooler Master Malaysia for sponsoring my Build
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    "i plan to complete this mod in 1 month"

10 months later

LOL