Case mod(emachines)

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by jhale2004, Sep 24, 2006.

1. jhale2004

jhale2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800gt 512mb / 22" 5ms widescreen
    Yes, its an emachines! And YES i modded it! Laugh, stare, point, and make fun if you must but i had fun doing it! This is the first time i have ever attempted anything like this. It may be an emachines but it runs damn good! Specs are in the sig. I cut the grill off the back so air could flow out better(exhaust) then felt around the case while it was running to try to find the coolest spot.. so i put a fan in the bottom also to cool a bit(intake).. the fans are pretty sweet too, they are antec 3 spds wit blue leds as you can see. I custom made the window.. the plexi started out as a 12x12. beleive it or not but the case temp dropped 3 degress just from this mod with the fans on low and 6 with the fans on high. i have it sitting on some small stands so it can suck plenty of air up in the bottom. since heat rises i figured it would be best to have cool air coming in bottom and cooling as it goes up and then gets exhausted. i also have a blue cathode light on the way then i suppose it will be complete. what you guys think? any suggestions for it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  2. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    That doesnt accaully look that bad...

3. jhale2004

jhale2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    i need a grill for the fans too i guess or something to protect them.. unno.. nothing ever gets around them. its a little too dark right now without the cathode. the "xfx" on the vid card seems like its a lil reflective im hopint the light will make that shine pretty good. may see if i can find a blue fan for the cpu too.

4. SorienOR

SorienOR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    I would also recommend fan grilles. Otherwise it looks really good.

Nothing wrong with the newer emachines..they use pretty much all standard parts.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006

5. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    Hey sweet looking case mod for an emachines man!

The next step is to build your own rig the next time around...

6. Preachergeek

Preachergeek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 8800gtx @ 655/950
    I have a good mod for all you emachine owners...

FIll your case up with petrol, then set fire to it. ;)

Sorry, I wouldnt have said that appauling joke if i hadnt known that your emachine was like fifty times better than my pc.

Seriously you've done a great job modding what is a notoriously boring case, into something which you can be proud of. Good work.

7. omega_1

omega_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    7600gs 256mb
    actually that looks pretty good, and yeah, I'll probably never build my own pc ever again...unless im planning on overclocking, coz seriously, you cant built a standard pc for less with xp and everything, like for example yesterday in fact I got a gateway for my parents for 400$ (got a deal from my manager) specs are :

sandy 3700+
    2gb ram (1gb stock, had another gb just sitting around...)
    200gb hdd
    built in gfx...
    etc

for normal use, like internet, movies, music, word processing...what more do they need ? plus I priced out the hardware and that by it self would be 500$, without any sort of software...so I think from now on id just get a standard pc...and add on stuff...riht now we have a gateway, with a x2 4200+, 2gb ram, and 320gb hdd....for 700$....add a nice gfx...and final price: 900$...bam....same pc custom built is around the same price without shipping...so there ya go...

8. jhale2004

jhale2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    emachines has moved up alot in the world... they actually use fairly good parts now and the overall quality and service is superior to what it used to be about 4 years ago. i agree, 4 years ago it was junk. but today they are making systems that are equivilent to dell, hp, and such with the same parts and a cheaper price tag. look at this guy for example..

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=160298&WT.mc_n=4&WT.mc_t=U&cm _ven=COMPARISON%20SHOPPING&cm_cat=GOOGLE&cm_pla=DA TAFEED->PRODUCTS&cm_ite=1%20PRODUCT&cm_keycode=4

thats a damn nice system.. dual core and already got a gig of ram in it. thrown in another gig and a nice pcie video card and you got one heck of a system there. no its not going to be overclockable but hey, if you want to overclock build your own rig.

thanks for the comments.. i was kinda scared how it would turn out at first cauze my hand is kinda shaky with the dremel. im still waiting on my cathode light, so ill update pics when its all done.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  9. volcom

volcom Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX XXX 7900GTX @ 749/1927 VX2025VM
    nice mod bro!

10. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    That is a really nice mod m8. A good way to make a branded machine to look better

11. Chocolinx

Chocolinx Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi X1950 Pro 256MB
    Don't bother with fan grills ^^ they restrict airflow anyway. I would however suggest getting some rubber to go around the fan hole so that you don't end up cutting yourself on it. Or you could get a strong file and file it down nicely but if you do that I'd suggest taking out the motherboard first before doing that o_O You wouldn't want little pieces of metal flying on to your motherboard.

12. jhale2004

jhale2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    i thought about something like that too... unno whate to get to go on it tho.

13. omega_1

omega_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    7600gs 256mb
    might do the same thing to my new gateway pc I just got...specs on the right

14. jhale2004

jhale2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    best advice i can give is take your time with the dremel and make sure you have plenty of cutting disc

15. omega_1

omega_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    7600gs 256mb
    cool, only thing I might do in terms of performance might be to add a decent gfx....like a x1600pro or somehting like that...besides that, very happy with the performance, and 2gb of ram is a beast.

16. jhale2004

jhale2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    you just gonna add led fans your u putting a light in it too? make sure to show us some pics, u know we wanna c!:)

17. YurAnus

YurAnus Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobile Radeon HD 5730
    I thought you were going to add a thermal duct to your pc?

18. jhale2004

jhale2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    ended up goint this route... i wanted a window and when i added the xfx card the case got alot warmer so i started thinking about ways to get cooler air in... its unbeleivable how its helped. when i cut the guard off the back of the case i held it in front of me and blew through it with my hand behind it then blew on just my hand from the same distance... its unbeleivable how much air that thing is holding back. also, where the fan is on the bottom, back in that corner used to stay really warm... the whole thing is cool now. im happy with the outcome, i cant wait for the cathode to come in.

19. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    add a 120mm in the window blowing at your cpu and vc.itll knock your temps down.guaranteed.nice work

20. jhale2004

jhale2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    would it cool the video card very much? id like to get my temps a lil lower its like 51 idle 71 load