1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case advice needed: mid-tower ATX for air w filters

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Arbie, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Arbie

Arbie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I'm looking for a mid-tower case to house an ATX build. I need very good air cooling capability and want removable filters for as many fans as possible. I prefer the traditional PSU on the bottom-rear layout, and the ability to mount a DVD drive, but these aren't as important. I have no interest in liquid cooling, glass panels, or RGB. Cost is unlikely to be a issue.

I've browsed quite a few reviews but the emphasis is usually on style and radiator space etc, with filters only incidentally mentioned.

Any recommendations will be appreciated, thanks.

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated
  3. Arbie

Arbie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    This Fractal case is on my wish list for my new computer.
    Beside not stellar filters, the case has many pros and not a steep price.
    For me cable management is very important and overall internal design of the case is very good.
    There is no perfect computer case, and if there is one, it has to be more expensive than that.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    The Define S is the best case I've ever had in terms of cooling vs acoustics. It lacks a DVD drive though but one can always buy an USB external drive if optical media is important.

I want a new case though since it's fun with new stuff and I have no idea what to buy.