Car Freaks!!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by AJ²06, Jan 2, 2005.

1. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    How old are you mate? And hows the insurance on that thing with all the mods declared? Whats under the bonnet? Any engine mods?

Just curious, but if you had a grand to spend on a car, would it not have been better to get a better/newer car in the first place? No offence to your Nova like, but they're getting on a bit now...

2. Slashyss

Slashyss Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG8800 GTS 640mb OC
    im 20.. 1st car and im not rich :p not got insurance quote on it yet.. but its sure to be a few feet through the roof :p

its the 1.2 sx.. which is faster than the 1.4 according to my uncle.. but then again so is the 1.3 sport.. i shall be getting a webber carb for next to nothing (i love my family.. all mechanics or ex mechanics)

the carb will do till im 21 this july when ill either be getting a 1.6 or the C20XE 2ltr engine

edit: typos \o/

heh.. just thought.. gna look pretty weird stepping out of the car.. long hair.. GnR leather jacket.. rock music playing.. the chavs will have a heart attack

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  3. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah fair enough. Most insurers are gonna slaughter you based on your age, driving experience and heavily modified car though. Try Adrian Flux, Elephant, Quinn Direct. Hopefully you can find something. Course you could always not declare the mods and save the money but if something happens then I think it's fairly obvious to see your car isn't standard, lol. :)

4. Slashyss

Slashyss Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG8800 GTS 640mb OC
    i think im only gna go for 3rd party fire n theft insurance.. its only a 1st car.. hasnt cost a fortune to build.. like my pc :p i manage to find everything cheap.. thank god for ebay ;) my insurance price drops at 21 with the insurer im with.. so thats the reason for the engine transplant wait.

im expecting something like.. £500 for third party insurance tho.. but looking like it is.. i wouldnt be too surprised it it was closer to £1k =/

5. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yep no point getting fully comp, would cost much more than the car. Most young drivers pay ridiculous amounts in their first year, but then by the second year with a year of no claims you can see that figure half in some cases. Presumably boy racers are most likely to crash in their first year pushing all our premiums up. :rolleyes:

6. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    what car do you have wildstyle , my best mate just(wednesday night) wrote his done up punto off :( was a nice motor aswell , he hit a curb doin 70 and flipped the car straight over onto its roof and slid into a grave yard , went to visit him today see if he was allright luckily no-one was killed but the pictures look as if he was lucky to get out alive .

wanna see a pic ?? i got one of the back end after it got pulled off to the scrappy

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  7. Slashyss

Slashyss Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG8800 GTS 640mb OC
    sure show the pic :) if everyone is ok ive got no objections.

and my car was built with rallying in mind.. hence the 4" wider than standard arches :) i may actually just buy another cheaper car for driving on the road.. drop a 2ltr turbo into the nova for off road fun :p only problem is the lack of RWD.. would need the running gear from a calibra/cavalier

8. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ironically.. a Punto. <3. Lol. Yeah lets see a pic then.

9. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    [​IMG]

what reg is your wild?? we got any pics or have i missed them ??

10. Slashyss

Slashyss Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG8800 GTS 640mb OC
    ouch.. was the front worse than the back? =O

i still dont see how :O is supposed to be a shocked face.. looks more like its "straining" :p

11. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ooh, a Mk1 with an Abarth kit. Very nice, what did he go and crash that for? Poor thing. :( lol

12. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    ouch... :O

13. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970

14. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    i dunno , he recently lost his job and his lady so he aint havin a good time and was just going a little bit to fast , he cant remember anything about the crash apart from being pulled out of the car , sad really ive known the guy since we were about 5 and allways been best mates and he aint havin a good time but theres nothin i can do , i aint got the money or the time to help him enough , but do me best like

it was nice motor aswell , was fairly fast(handling was amazing) and had a wicked sound system , most of it got ruined tho , the front was worse than the back(supposedly) but he could get round to the front when he went to see it

15. Steven Hone

Steven Hone Paolo the Gun

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 3X OC
    My insurance on my Lotus will be 3,500 Euro
    Im 22 Lol

Dont care though, when I was 18 my insurance on a peugeot 206 was 3900 lmao which I paid over a year period

16. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    My dad told me about the wider wheels. I guess that confirms what I suspected about him, he doesn't know jack.

I'm better when it comes to things with wings. :O

17. Slashyss

Slashyss Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG8800 GTS 640mb OC
    [​IMG]

my dads lotus carlton in progress :) different wheels on the back than the front atm.. has 3/4 genuine lotus wheels.. waiting on the last front one to show up.. if anyone knows of one let me know pls :) has to be a front tho.. way to tell is.. front has a 1" deep dish.. rear is 2"

they are huge.. only 17s but.. 275/40 <- =O

full custom leather retrim.. price for bodykit and full leather interior.. £175 :p price of car originally.. £56.. will be worth £5k+ pretty soon

have the lotus bonnet vents in shed.. ready to be put on.. and 3ltr 24v superchipped engine next on the wish list.. i love that car :p

18. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    @ Copey:

Yeah kitted Punto mk1's look ace, I love mine. Handling is suspect even with uprated shocks and lowering springs because it's a high-sided hatchback, body roll is always gonna be there, but only if you rag it. They're fairly nippy cars although your mates is only a 55 SX so not something you'd wanna race or anything. I do love that Abarth kit though. I've got the GT kit on mine. You got any pre-crash pics?

19. Slashyss

Slashyss Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG8800 GTS 640mb OC
    your dad is right.. partly.. wider tyres help.. but the wider the wheels the wider the tyres :p

what lotus ya got Steven Hone? if its a lotus carlton start posting pics :p

20. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    it was amazing upto 60 (cant remember what was the top speed we had out of it ), and it seems to handle better than nearly every car ive been in (and thats alot considering theres a big boy racer scene up here)

he does have pics before it crashed but i dont have them on my phone , i will get some tho

what you think of the new punto?? my mates got a 1.4 sport (06 plate) we had 120 out of that and beat a focus down the A50 near me lol

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007