Car Freaks!!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by AJ²06, Jan 2, 2005.

1. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Hey just wanting to know if there are car dudes out there. Post pics of parts u wanna get [or have], cars you own, or cars u only dream of owning. :D I'll start. Tommorow Im goin to get an exhaust for my car. Hopefully I'll find ones like these:

[​IMG]
    I like the removable silencer option on that one...

[​IMG]

Post car Pics!!! :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  2. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    [​IMG]

Lookie!!!!! :D

3. My dream is to convert a 240sx into a jdm s15 silvia. That means getting the sr20det (black or blue top, not red). I've seen jdm retailers that sell s15 front clips for a couple thou. They are my favorite cars period. However I'm more likely to do my second choice, making a straight line first generation talson tsi (or eclipse gsx, but they the same neway ;)). They are the best bang for your buck cars imho: 4wd, turbocharged (and the stock turbo is easily swapped out for the larger 16G blower) and cheap :). S15 Silvia's are the sh!t though.

4. Munky

Munky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 6800 / AIW Radeon 9700 Pro
    Dream cars: Dodge Viper, Skyline GTR, R32 TT

I really want a WRX Sti lol ;)

5. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Man... Skylines are nice. :) RARE finding one. Beleive it or not I found a Supra @ my local used car shop. It was gone after 2 days!!!!

6. Richard_Noggin

Richard_Noggin Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT 512MB
    skyline's are 350Z's

7. NeoFX

NeoFX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 1280MB
    My dream cars in order of most reasonable...

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 8
    Nissan Skyline R34 GTR
    ...McLaren F1

But for my current vehicle (93 Jeep Wrangler) I would love a new performance exhaust system and some new performance headers. A stronger axle setup and larger tires would also be awesome but that's something I can go without for awhile, hehe.

8. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Ya.... Does anyone have HID or Blue Halogen headlights on your vehicle? I wanna get some... SOON. Once I have the cash. :)
    [​IMG]

9. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    My audi has High intensity Xenons in it - is that the same thing?

As for Cars I'd like to own, Top of The list would be a TVR Sagaris (or any TVR for that matter). I'd also love an old Alfa Spyder, or a Triumph TR6 or something.

Maybe some day ;)

http://www.tigerracing.com/cars/tiger-r6-main.php

been looking into how much one of those would cost - worryingly little (apart from insurance)

More realistically, i'm Getting this for one of my rc cars soon:

[​IMG]

OS .15 CVX - 32000 rpm :D

New pipe + driveshafts wouldn't go amiss...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005

10. Hardly. Skylines came out well well before the 350z (the r32, r33, and r34 gens were all out before) and they are completely different. The skyline is AWD for one, the 350z is RWD. Also the skyline uses a different engine (the rb series, the r34 gtr uses the rb26dett which is a twin turbo v6) even though some base model skylines are similar in hp to the brand new 350z. But that's mostly because their horsepower has been purposely capped with JDM (japanese domestic model) ECUs. I've heard a million times that japanese car manufacturers (in japan) have a kind of unspoken agreement that no car there will exceed roughly 290-300 hp stock. The rb26dett comes with 280 hp stock, but thats because it's been held back purposely. The skyline is a beast, and I would have put it on my list, except for the fact that any skyline you buy was made in japan, and therefore has been exported to your country, and at least here in the US they are simply too expensive because of that. A company called Motorex in california sells them (they do all the importing paperwork and such themselves, you just buy)but you're talking like $80k for an r34 GTR. Just too much.

11. Munky

Munky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    yeap, i wouldnt mind getting my hands on a Motorex Blackbird (skyline)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    beast of an engine:
    [​IMG]

12. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    My dream car is a Nissan 90-96 300ZX TT, if i worked hard enough i could get one but right now my career and moving back to the city is more important to me. Maybe someday soon i can get one :)

13. SorienOR

SorienOR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    Dream cars:

1. 1957 Ford Starliner (hardtop converible) wth a 427 SOHC Ford Hemi.
    2. 1970 Torinio Fastback. Same engine as above
    3. My 1973 Camaro on Overhaulin'
    4. Genuine 427 Cobra.
    5. Phantom Corsair

14. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    OMG... Skyline! droool... And as for the headlights, ya the more K they have the more blueish tint they have to them. :thumbup:

EDIT: As for the exhaust I was supposed to get I didnt... It rained REALLY hard... and just stayed inside [was too lazy to get wet and junk]. Have ta wait more now... :(

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  15. yea blackbird is the only way to go. I hate to see yellow or orange or some other non black....

16. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  17. RSX

RSX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970
    I think what he meant was in Japan they called the 350z skyline. Not 100% sure tho

18. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    They aren;t that expensive so i wouldn't expect too much, but they do have a life time warranty...

The length of time bulbs last seems to depend a lot on the car.

When we had a Merc C class that would go through bulbs annoyingly fast, but the with the audi (which uses the same bulbs), one has just gone after nearly 2 years/55k miles. (annoyingly you have to get the garage to change it cos there's no space between it and the air filter and the airfilter doesn't move far enough even with the cover taken off) :(

19. Richard_Noggin

Richard_Noggin Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT 512MB
    THE 350Z IS THE AMERICAN SKYLINE.

20. Munky

Munky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't believe it is.