Cant overclock my graphics memory

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by mart280, Oct 21, 2007.

1. mart280

mart280 Member

GPU:
    Palit GRP 1070-2075-9314
    You can see my specs guys, I get a lovely 25% O\C on my core and can push my shader clock up to 1640 but as soon as I try and clock my cards memory even a couple of mhz I get a BSOD or the driver stops responding, I even bought some ramsinks for the cards memory but they dont seem to help, the memory is called something like imodium I cant see it now the ramsinks are on, any tips gurus.

2. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    idk, sounds like your RAM has left the building.

3. jrcallan

jrcallan Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8600gts
    1) what are you using to OC the card?

2) can you OC the ram if you leave the shader clock alone?

3) from default settings, can you OC the ram at all, not touching the core clock or shader clock?

4. mart280

mart280 Member

GPU:
    Palit GRP 1070-2075-9314

I am using Rivatuner to OC, if I dont clock the shader I still cant clock the ram and I am not sure if I have tried just clocking the ram while leaving the others on default, I wil go and try this now.

5. mart280

mart280 Member

GPU:
    Palit GRP 1070-2075-9314
    No joy I am afraid with default core and shader clocks I tried a 2and a half % OC@718mhz and a 5% OC@ 735mhz and ran 3dmark 06 and had driver stopped responding errors, I am using 163.75s but have tried previously with other drivers.

Just a thought, just above my cards pcie slot there is a floppy type power connector, my MB manual says connect this if I have two graphics cards for more stability, is there any point in connecting this up with one card?

6. mike87

mike87 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7870 2GB
    Your ram is made by the company that makes pills to stop ya havin the shi ts, heh. Yea the card may just be un overclockable as in just passed the QC at the factory.

Mike

7. mart280

mart280 Member

GPU:
    Palit GRP 1070-2075-9314
    Yeah I cant quite remember the name of the ram, but it probably is ****:O still, I get a nice clock on the core and shader and I really want to get an 8800GT if the price is right.

8. djordje81

djordje81 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GS 260GTX 1792GB
    Same problem with my card 8800 cant cloack memory, but the thing is its allredy bought overcloacked it is oc version, maybe it is same problem with yours it is at full working capacity