1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't OC 5850 with MSI AB 2.0.0

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Aidan777, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Aidan777

Aidan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
    Hi,

I downloaded the new MSI Afterburner not too long ago and when I try to overclock my 5850, it wont let me OC past 775 and 1125 :\

I had version 1.6.3 before and it was fine, I chose to keep these settings so that when I installed 2.0.0 I wouldn't have to change anything, any suggestions as to what may be causing this?

Thanks

2. Imperious

Imperious Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phoenix GTX1070
    I have noticed a few strange quirks like that when changing MSI AB versions, I am currently running the latest beta.

Make a new profile, and then delete the non-working one's later.

Also try doing a complete uninstall, then setup everything manually again.

3. Aidan777

Aidan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
    Hmm no luck, uninstalled then reinstalled, made new profiles from scratch and still slider bar is maxed at 1125 and 775. Maybe I should try the beta :\

4. rpro

rpro Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    hmmmm this may sound nub but did u edit msiafterburner CFG file and put enableunofficialoverclock to 1???

5. Aidan777

Aidan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
    ahh yes that worked! thanks! I was hoping I wouldn't have to reconfigure that since I told it to keep my settings from the old version but it looks like that file in particular was altered.

cheers :)

6. delhan

delhan Member Guru

GPU:
    VTX 3D HD 7870
    same question here

Helpful post :) Good question good answer :) Thank you

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Only .\Profiles and .\Bundle\OSDServer\Profiles folder contents are preserved when you're telling the installer to keep settings from the old version. If you're trying to go power user way and editing configuration files manually - be smart and edit local profile stored into the .\Profiles folder instead of editing the global profiles template in the root folder.

8. Aidan777

Aidan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
    Will take note of that, cheers :D