Can't locate 'Low Level Driver Installation' documentation

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools' started by RonCam, Dec 10, 2011.

1. RonCam

RonCam Member

GPU:
    Radeon X300SE 256MB
    Sorry for the newbie question, but the title says it all. The forum Search function is set-up to search by Keywords, but I would need to search for the entire string in single-quotes, as seen in the title of this post. I'm getting over a hundred hits, on all the different words in my search string, but none seem to be on the topic I want. I have also found only a list of updates for recent ATI Tray Tools versions, but I need more than that.

Reason for question: I think I'll have to 'force' and XP driver into Windows 2000, to run a new ASUS EAH5450 card, and thought if I could read the documentation for this utility, I would see if it may help.

Will ATI Tray Tools' 'Low Level Driver Installation' do anything for this problem, or is there a link so I can find out?

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    What are you wanting to do ?

Get a ASUS EAH5450 installed under Windows 2000 ?

3. RonCam

RonCam Member

GPU:
    Radeon X300SE 256MB
    Yes, and I should have linked to this other post. Please reply to whichever thread you think best. All help will be appreciated!

Edit: I see some inquiries are coming in at the other thread. If the utility is of no use for this purpose, then maybe I will continue 'over there'?

I'm surmising this in that the post above didn't actually say it would be helpful to use it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  4. RonCam

RonCam Member

GPU:
    Radeon X300SE 256MB
    Good progress has been made at the linked post regarding running this board with Windows 2000. But that was not the topic of this thread. Is there a better forum for this question?

I am still curious about how ATI Tray Tools' 'Low Level Driver Installation' utility is used. If this is documented anywhere, a link would be appreciated. I was not getting 'hits' with the forum's search function ...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011