can't install windows 7 64bit

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by shadow70, Jul 11, 2011.

1. shadow70

shadow70 Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX470
    as the title says l am unable to install windows 7 64bit onto my system with the specs on the side,

l have tried different drives.

l am getting th message all the time when l get into the installation to load drivers for the drive, l select the driver and l get the message

"No New devices could be found. make sure the driver files are correct and located on the driver installation media"

at startup it shows the drive,

also the main drive l have tried to install on was on the sata 3 connector and the drive is a sata 3 western digital l think, but l have also tried it on the sata 2 connections and still the same thing as it always asks for drivers on startup in the windows 7 installation.

any ideas as how l can fix it,

thank you in advance

2. IrishFoad

IrishFoad Active Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX2501gb OC923core
    There is no reason why it should ask that unless you: 1) Have ACPI off in Bios, 2)You're copy is a stripped version 3)Dead drive/Cables 4)A Pirated Version of Windows

Are you installing in an overclocked system? If so lock@stock and try installing with ACPI on in the bios.

3. shadow70

shadow70 Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX470
    L will try the ACPI,

My windows it legit but will try a different one as just downloaded it, l use a microsoft maps program

4. Miniouse

Miniouse Guest

GPU:
    2x 6950 xfx
    My friend had a similar problem, all I had to do was make sure the format of the drive was correct, otherwise I don't see a problem?

5. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    I have also had problems with Windows Vista/Windows 7 not recognizing SATA hard drives that were once part of a RAID0 array.

I had to quick format them with a Windows XP setup CD first, then Windows Vista/ Windows 7 would see the drives.

Formatting and partitioning the drives using Windows 7 disk manager (on another PC) did not work either.

Windows XP must wipe the MBR in a certain way.

6. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    If it's set to any kind of RAID array you need to use the driver for the motherboard.

Make sure it's set to AHCI, if worst comes to the worst you could try it as the drive set as compatible mode or IDE, IDE enhanced etc.

Just to see if the installs pick it up.

7. shadow70

shadow70 Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX470
    l have fixed the problem it was a bad copy of windows which l made from the image off the microsoft partner website.