Cant instal PhysX, help me

Discussion in 'Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX' started by kazama, Aug 25, 2008.

1. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Hi i had installed 177.79 with PhysX_8.07.18_SystemSoftware.

I desinstalled 177.79 and physX, i installed 177.89 and now trying to install the new physX driver dont install, im getting an error before the disclaimer text when hit next.

Im getting it with any verion of PhysX, inclusive with the desinstallated version 07.18.

How can i install PhysX?

2. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Hi, what does the error message say? I had big problems with physx drivers a while back and I managed to fix it but I can't remember exactly how.... maybe if you give the error message I can help.

3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    your installing an old physx driver, try installing 177.83 before 177.89, or download 177.83, extract files and execute the physx installer.

4. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Im with 177.89 and trying to install the physX 8.08.01, it cant be install, the error is in spanish but is something similar to "the installation fail and generated an error".

[​IMG]

It happens before pressing the "siguiente" (next in english) button, and happen with ANY version of physX now.

i forget to say im in Vista 64, and im running it with administrator rights.

5. BL@DE

BL@DE New Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800 gts 320 G80
    kazama which graphic card do you have?

6. bluemoogle

bluemoogle Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 260
    you might not have a compatible video card that supports physx. please fill out your profile so we can help you troubleshoot.

7. Gator Allen

Gator Allen Guest

It'd be helpful if you'd fill in your specs and when you uninstalled the Nvidia drivers and the PhysX driver, did you run Driver sweeper?, is your setup SLI or a compatible card in slot two?.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
  8. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Asus p5q deluxe
    Q6600
    4gb ram
    EVGA gtx280 1gb

Im running vista ultimate 64, i dont know how to run it on safe mode, to run driver sweeper.

I unistalled and installed, i dont run the sweeper.

9. diddly

diddly Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8
    IIRC the 177.8x drivers automatically came with PhysX and installed it for you, so you shouldn't be trying to install PhysX. Can you check after the gfx driver install that PhysX was installed too? HTH

10. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    OMG! yes are installed, but the icon dont appear in the control panel, thanks diddly for open my eyes :bang: