1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't input decimals to frame rate cap in RTSS after OS reinstall

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by pr0t0typ3, Jan 8, 2019.

1. pr0t0typ3

pr0t0typ3 New Member

GPU:
    2xAsus GTX960 SLI
    I'm hoping someone can help me with this; I've been googling around quite a bit but wasn't able to find a solution to my issue.

As the title says, I recently reinstalled Windows as part of my yearly maintenance routine. I had been using RIVATuner as a low input-lag Vsync solution for competitive gaming and it had been working like a charm.

Here's a guide for those who are interested:
    https://www.blurbusters.com/howto-low-lag-vsync-on/
    This was not the actual one I used, let me know if anyone needs it and I'll dig it up.

Anyways. Ever since the reinstall, I have not been able to input any decimals to the frame rate limiter, no matter what. I tried editing the config file based on this thread:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/rtss-not-limiting-my-framerate-with-decimals-help.420476/

I tried adding the denominator in there, like so to no avail:

[Framerate]
    LimitDenominator=100
    Limit=11997

Tried several different values for the above, nothing worked. In the case above, when I input 11997 with the denominator of 100, in the GUI I get 11997 as a limit and denominator is being ignored. When I try to input a point through GUI, it doesn't register. I tried inputting 119.97 directly to the config file, it was just rounded to 120. I also reinstalled RIVA and MSIAB several times to no avail.

I've already tried turning integer frame rates both on and off in the settings, it didn't help. I am running version 7.1 on Windows 10 Pro. My config should be in my sig.

Can anyone please assist me? I must be missing something obvious.

Many thanks in advance.

2. pr0t0typ3

pr0t0typ3 New Member

GPU:
    2xAsus GTX960 SLI
    Please disregard the above, it's just me being retarded.

I assumed I was running the latest version of RTSS since I installed the latest version of MSIAB and 7.1 came with it. Should have double checked. The latest version is 7.2. The reason why it was not working is because decimal precision frame capping was introduced with v7.2. DUH.

Apologies, mods!

Andy_K likes this.