Can't get the app to open

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Wesley Touba, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Wesley Touba

Wesley Touba New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gtx 1080 ti
    I have tried everything. I've tried opening the app while MSI Afterburner is open and closed. I've tried running the program as an administrator. I've tried opening the app as an administrator/not an administrator while a game is open and while it's closed.

The task manager says that the Rivatuner app is running. But I see nothing on the screen, and I can't figure out how to make it appear. It used to work for me so I know what to look for.

I've tried installing a previous version of Rivatuner but every single time it just redirects me to 7.3.3, or it says it is a previous version but once I start the install wizard it says that it is in fact installing 7.3.3.

I have to think this is just some terminal error with the newest version, which can't be fixed because it's impossible to download a prior, working version of the software.

2. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3060Ti
    This is how mine is set up

Screenshot 2022-08-01 171912.png

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    unhide the tray icon.

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 3060TI
    Network question?

5. Wesley Touba

Wesley Touba New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gtx 1080 ti
    Troubleshooting.
    Thank you. I don't think I've ever used an app before where this was necessary, where opening the app didn't bring up the interface. It's even more confusing because I realized that the tiny app symbol only appears in the bottom right the first time I try to open the app. So there was no visual change on the desktop at all any of the subsequent times I tried to open it.

Thanks.

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 3060TI
  7. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

It is helper overlay service which is supposed to be running in background WITHOUT disturbing end user with GUI open on each starup. Every single application intended to be autoloaded with OS behave this way and start minimized to tray. If you don't understand that, then probably you don't need to start using RTSS.