cant get my x2 7750 over 2.9GHZ

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by the_4ork, Jan 2, 2009.

1. the_4ork

the_4ork Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4850
    been trying to get this thing over 2.9GHZ for a while now... always locks up.

its 2.9ghz just by bumping the multiplier up to x15. if i go higher it locks.

tried upping the voltage a tad on the proc and nothing.

if i go higher on the FSB i get a lock too...

i havent been overclocking since the days of Duron 750's @ 1.3ghz so im a little out of touch. please enlighten me on what to do

2. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Banned

GPU:
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3
    make sure the memory and HT are not being overclocked to much

3. Cr33pSh0w

Cr33pSh0w New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia/8500GT/512
    i got my x2 7750 oc'd to 3.1 atm on the stock cooling going out 2night to find a aftermarket fan cant game with this oc it idles at 135 degree's :X

4. OldGuy932

OldGuy932 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 3850 / 3870 Crossfire
    Try dropping the ht link down a couple notches. That supposedly helps with stability at 3ghz and above.

5. vwxy252

vwxy252 Banned

GPU:
    ********* Coach

Beyond covering the most desirable geometric styles(********* Coach sunglasses), Coach sunglasseses make an ever impressive fashion statement right from the very first initial look. Well known for being at the forefront of designer eyewear, Coach offers a whole palate of dynamically rich finishes for their cutting edge optical frames. Authentic cosmopolitan character gracefully reveals itself at each and every elegant curve. Absolutely stunning and beautiful eyewear!

6. the_4ork

the_4ork Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4850
    i took this guys advice, my 7750 is now clocked at 1.21 gigawatts!

7. f14dude

f14dude Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 2070 Super 8GB
    I have a question on that? What is the HT Link? And what value should be good?

I have the same 7750 chip as the OC and am able to overclock to 3.0GHz with a Rosewell 3 pipes cooler and it is stable (no error from Prime 95 or Memtest 96) but if I run it above 3.0GHz like 3.1 or 3.2, it would crash on Prime 95. I read the review from this site that the reviewer was able to get 3.2GHz and by changing voltage to 1.4v. I did that but it didn't help on those speed. I'm a very beginner in overclocking and only understand the basic of overclocking using the multiplier and have no desired to change the FSB or anything else. I'll check and see what is my current HT Link is.

Thanks for any additional info.

8. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    if you dont change the FSB and just change the multi all the time youre going to be a bit restricted. sometimes its better to have a higher FSB and lower multi, and sometimes (if cpu doesnt have unlocked multi like mine ><) its your only option. all you do is FSB x multi = clock speed, 200FSB x 10x multi = 2ghz. of course then theres other things to take into account like HT link, ram freq, voltages yadda yadda.

and for the record, i cant get my 4800+ x2 past 2.94ghz either :(

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  9. Raven^

Raven^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 4870 512mb (Stock)
    i cant get my 4600 past 2.64ghz :/