cant get it to work

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by davetheshrew, Aug 11, 2010.

1. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    ive got a radeon 5850 card and its says not supported, i tried to add -forcegpu ati_r700 -verbosity 9 on the shortcut target but windows wont let me, what do i do??

2. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    you have to use command prompt, cd to the current directory of the app, and type in fah6.exe -configonly and set accordingly. You will need to go to advanced options and put in that command line for app augmentations towards the end of the advanced options. Remember to wipe out the directory of everything besides fah6.exe before fixing it. When you're done you wont need to mod the target line of the shortcut.

3. PantherX

PantherX Folding@Home Team Leader Staff Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti
    Have a look at this page. Hopefully, You will be able to fix the problem.
    I noticed that the system in your sig has ATI & NV GPUs so some have been able to fold with ATI & NV GPUs while others can't. Wish you all the best :)

4. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    thanks im a bit tired now but will try the command line tommorow, cheers

edit, renegade could you put it a 'lil bit simpler for me please, like a step by step or something, I really want to join the team, thanks

5. brazen

brazen Active Member

GPU:
    Asus STRIX GTX 980
    Don't know if it will make a difference, but in the docs I've read I had to use -forcegpu ati_r800 for my card. Also, are you targeting the correct gpu? -gpu 0 for the first card and -gpu 1 for the second, as reported e.g. by GPU-Z.

6. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    I gave up in the end, windows isnt playing ball

7. PantherX

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti
    Before you give-up, have you tried running the GPU3 BETA Client Console Version? (link) I know that it is for NV but ATI users can use it as it removes the need to add the -forcegpu flag as the whitelist for GPUs is updated.
    I noticed in your sig that you have mixed ATI and NV GPUs together so make sure that you use the correct -gpu 0 or -gpu 1 flag. You can use CUDA-Z to get the value (CUDA-Z)

8. brazen

brazen Active Member

GPU:
    Asus STRIX GTX 980
    Oh, I'm sorry, I thought that was what you're using! The advice I gave you pertains to the GPU3 client, which I'm also using. Please try this, it's for a great cause, and you know you want it. :)

9. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    sold the 5850 and getting a gtx465 tommorow, upping the shaders and joining up with you guys, I think I can only afford to do about 5 hrs a day, not sure yet, how much score would I possibly get for 5hrs on that card anyway?

10. PantherX

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti
    This is a rough guess: (Client is in BETA Stage so points may change over time)
    A 611/612 Points WU takes ~1 hour (will vary according to Shader Speed)
    5 X 611/612 = 3055/3060 Points
    If you were to fold for 1 day, you would get ~10000 Points Per Day (PPD)

BTW, I would suggest a GTX 460 as it is cheaper and consumes less power. Also the above figures are valid for GTX 460

11. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    allready got the 465 dude thats why im sticking to 5 hrs, all day will cost a bomb lol, thanks for all the info, will join in the morning man :)