Cant get AB video capture to pull in my own discord microphone

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Guitarmageddon8, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Guitarmageddon8

Guitarmageddon8 New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 TRIO
    So I just recently started to experiment with video capture for my BFV platoon's weekly fight night. So far Im trying to determine the best method/codec to use between quick sync, nvenc, and mjpg. I have a 8700k and 2080. Both overclocked.

But my main issue as that regardless of method, I cannot seem to get it to pull in my own discord microphone. It pulls in everyone else talking just fine, but not my own speaking. Am I missing something?

Here are the settings

upload_2020-3-27_9-52-57.png

But ive also messed with different combos of the input capture device. I also thought that maybe its ONLY going to capture my audio if a hot key triggers it...but no luck there. Tried pressing a hot key combo whilst I was speaking, but that didnt work. Any pointers?
    upload_2020-3-27_9-54-17.png

2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    If discord is running and has exclusive rights to microphone MSI AB can't get access to it.

In PC Settings go to "Sound" -> Input -> Microphone "Device Properties" -> "Additional Device Properties" -> Advanced
    Uncheck option "Apps have exclusive control over this device"