Can't find GPU fan control in 2.22

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by RRockon, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RRockon

RRockon New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512
    So, yeah, just that. I can't find where the Fan control for my Video card is supposed to be in RivaTuner. This is my first time using it. I heard that the GeForce 8800GT is known to run pretty hot, and I'm having some issues that are probably related to heat so I just wanted to crank the fan up to full speed and see if it resolves my issue.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

2. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    it`ll just be you gpu drivers.....make sure you have the most recent ones, if that fails, just roll back a driver!

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No any card has fan controller IC installed.

4. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    what i`m saying is Rivertuner conflicts with some nvidia drivers...go to the nvidia website and try the latest drivers.... i know what you`re saying but i`m pretty certain that this is a driver issue

and you need to click on the wee bit where it says "Forceware Detected" tiny square/trangle next to the word custumize, then click the first icon that will bring up your fan control and gpu clock settings.........

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009

5. RRockon

RRockon New Member

GPU:
    Alright, I have the latest Nvidia nForce drivers (181.20) and I open RivaTuner, go to Forcewhere detected, click the triangle, and I get the following screen.

[​IMG]

I still can't find it though. Should I just roll back? Where can I find the older version of the drivers?

6. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Are you sure you have controller IC for fan speed?
    What brand/model of 8800GT do you have?

7. RRockon

RRockon New Member

GPU:
    I have a Club3D Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB.

The types differ that much then??

8. Unwinder

The models do differ that much. Some vendos save a few $ on fan controller IC, other replace reference (software controlable) cooling system with alternate one.

9. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    i would have thought that you have fan control...on it....try rolling back, you`re in the right place on RT..... there should be an extra tab in that menu of the picture that says fans.... good luck with this mate, i hate it when wee things like this happen!!

10. Unwinder

No tab = no fan controller. Please don't give false hopes to user.

11. RRockon

RRockon New Member

GPU:
    Really? That bites. Guess I'll have to go with a 3rd party cooling solution then. Thanks anyways!

12. Cold Fussion

Cold Fussion Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 260 gtx (216sp)
    Wrong, i've had the fan tab dissapare on my system a lot and i do have fan control.

13. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream

Also, i have fan control, i lost my tabs once when i changed my drivers a while back, when i rolled them back my tabs came back, all i`m doing is passing on what happend with me.

14. MaelstromXC

MaelstromXC New Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800GS 384mb
    I have the same issue as RRockon. I have Asus 8800GS 384mb with version 181.20 driver.
    Any gurus know if my card has a fan controller?
    Thanks in advance!

15. Unwinder

You're definitively more knowledgable than developer to comment what's wrong and what is right. Beyond of my understanding.

16. Unwinder

The tab was lost ONCE in absolutely all driver-level fan control tools like ASUS SmartDoctor, EVGA Precision, Zotac FireStorm, Gainward ExpertTool and even own NVIDIA system tools due to driver-level fan control interface change in NVIDIA 180.xx family, when all these tools needed to be updated to support driver-level fan control for new drivers. Also, low-level fan control tab for the cards equipped with external fan controller chips is always available regardless driver. There is no such things like "Rivertuner conflicts with some nvidia drivers", all currently available drivers are supported. And there is no such product as RiverTuner, and never will be.
    So dear RivaTuner newbies, stop spreading bull**** and comment the things you don't understand PLEASE. You're causing trouubles with such comments and give me strong impression that supporting the users in the forum is just a waste of time and nerves.
    So for the topic started I repeat once in bold: no tab = NO FAN CONTROLLER CHIP. And to prevent other "smart" comments misinforming others, the thread is closed.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.