Can't find a way to group together RAM usage per process and total

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by EeK, Dec 15, 2020.

1. EeK

EeK Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
    I'm running the latest AB (version 4.6.3 beta 4 build 15910) and trying to display both RAM usage per process ("RAM usage \ process") and total RAM usage ("RAM usage") or total allocated RAM ("Commit charge") in the same row/line, but in two separate columns.

I already marked "Override group name" and typed in the same name for all corresponding graphs. However, this is what I get:

[​IMG]

The first "RAM" row/line is "RAM usage \ process". The second row/line has "RAM usage" in the first column and "Commit charge" in the second one.

Notice how I was able to display both VRAM usage ("Memory usage \ process") and allocation ("Memory usage") in the same row/line. I want to do the same thing with system RAM.

Any ideas?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    put a check in the group box and give them both the same group name

3. EeK

EeK Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
    Already did that, as mentioned in the OP:

I already marked "Override group name" and typed in the same name for all corresponding graphs.

I did the exact same thing for VRAM and it's working as intended. Not sure if this is a bug related just to the "RAM usage \ process" setting.

4. EeK

EeK Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
    Still having this issue after updating to beta 5 (latest build).

Anyone?

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Reset the layout. Items are grouped then and only then when they use the exactly same (defining two different library colors is not enough) group color tag.

6. EeK

EeK Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
    Hi, Alexey, thanks for replying.

Would you mind clarifying that for me? Do you mean resetting all monitoring graphs to their default values?

I tried unchecking "Overriding group name" (i.e. reverting to default greyed out "RAM") for both "RAM usage \ process" and "RAM usage", but I'm still seeing separate "RAM" rows/lines on the OSD. Overriding group names to simply "RAM" (no color customization options) yields the same result.

I'm trying to achieve the same thing I did with VRAM: per process RAM on the first column, total RAM on the second one, all in the same line.

P.S.: This is my custom graph value for RAM: "<S=110><C=FFFFAFFF>\nRAM<C><S>". In the image posted to the OP, I had used that exact same value for both "RAM usage \ process" and "RAM usage", overriding their default group names.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  7. Unwinder

I mean that there is "Reset" button inside the layout editor.

8. EeK

EeK Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
    Tried that, but it didn't work, unfortunately.

Still can't group together "RAM usage \ process" and "RAM usage" (or "Commit charge", for what it's worth). They always end up in different rows/lines, even when reverting everything to its default values.

9. Unwinder

That works fine, it is up to you to find error in your actions.

10. EeK

EeK Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
    Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to do and the reason why I started this thread. :)