Can't download anything from guru3d filerservers ??

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Jkhan, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

Hey guys, it's been almost a month since i got my DSL connection. THe first 15 days were fantastic, but now i'm experiencing this weird problem. Whenever i try to download any files, e.g a demo or drivers, i can't get it. Even though the download manager detects and picks the link just fine. BUt it doesn't even get started. It just get stucks there with a message "connecting" and that's it. THis happeend with the european servers since hilbert told me that US servers have some kind of anti-DM system to prevent from over-leeching. But what i wanna know is that is it now the same with the european mirrors as well. I tried the US & australian servers, but they don't support resume option, and i've already tried thrice to get the Final Fantasy XI benchmark plus the nforce drivers for my MB with failure.. ANy suggestions about why this is happening, same thing is happening with others too as well. Although it doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes it just frustrates the hell out of me. I haven't downloaded anything lately so it's not internet problem, since i've just confirmed that everything's working cool and perfect at my end.. I'm using Internet Download manager, since i think it's the best DM out there. I tried using Getright, DAP and some other too, but they all didn't even catch the links....

2. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Have you tried downloading something just normally?

If you can download it normally, then it's still probably your Download Manager and the Anti-Leeching stuff.

3. bakuryu

bakuryu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600LE @ 430/490
    HAve u tried Fiirefox's download manager, or WellGet ?

4. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

I don't know m8. I have avast antivirus installed on my system. And right now, IDman is playing it normal. But the problem is that i'm unable to download some of the older demos & benchmarks that i wanted to test.. Code creatures for example...

And i have setup the idman so that it only makes 1 connection with the server, by default it makes 8 connections. Could that might be the reason why it's not downloading the file ??

5. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Still a download manager, and depends what string it sends to the server to identify itself.

Just try normally, if it works, then we no it's DL manager, if not, then there is something else going on.

6. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    I had similar problems with Internet Download manager.
    I switched to Free download manager and the problem was solved.
    The problem seems to be with the IDM. Everything wirks fine when i am downloading with FF/IE or FDM.
    And dont even bother about AU servers. For us living in subcontinent they are very slow. The Europe servers work great for me.

7. Little

Little Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 2.1/15.8
    every time i choose to download from the american servers it just re-directs me to the guru main page. i have to choose europe everytime

8. bakuryu

bakuryu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600LE @ 430/490
    Hmm .. I think Hilbert posted that the american servers are having some problems.

and just as funkymonkey said, the european servers only works best for large downloads !!