can't decide on phones..

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Funkgab, Oct 10, 2013.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Nexus 5 uses the "Hangouts" app for texting instead of the regular messaging app that was previously used. It's actually not that bad once you get used to it.

Android 4.4 was actually geared towards providing the same experience across the entire range of Android based smartphones from entry-level phones with 512mb of ram to those with 2GB of ram.

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    I use it in place of the default messaging app on my S4, and I do like it better. It is cleaner and smoother compared to TW messaging, but compared to AOSP or CM messaging, they're on par if you just use it for text messaging. I've got both my personal and work gmail's synced to my phone, so it helps to have that all in one that I can read and respond to. Don't really care too much about the G+ integration through.

3. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Get a phone that can send/receive phone calls and has removable battery

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    u need to get a Sony xperia Z1. fast. smooth. no sht. battery is good enough for easly 1 day. and premium quality.

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Okay I'm changing my tune now, my wife just got the LG G2.

This coming from an S4 user, this phone is amazing and awesome.

6. ManofGod

ManofGod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Sounds to me like you have already decided on the Samsung so I would just get it. I personally prefer the Windows Phone 8 phones but, if you do not want that, go for what you want, you will be a lot happier with it.

7. the1nfection

the1nfection Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800
    For what it's worth... I have an HTC One, and I absolutely love it. No other phone can match it as far as I'm concerned. I always had IPhones, cause that was what the family bought, but when it came time to get my own I did some looking around and chose HTC, and haven't looked back since. They are a smaller corporation compaired to Windows, Samsung, and Apple, but they make solid products, and they have few glitches. The resolution on the phone is amazing, full 1080P, at 468 ppi. The screen is 4.7 Inches, which is more than big enough for anyone, but without being bulky or excessive. It has a 4 core processor, running at 1.7 GHz, with 2 GB RAM. It comes in 2 models, a 32 GB and a 64 GB, depending on how much storage you need. It has about a 10 hour battery life when used constantly, when not in use mine has lasted 4 days before needing a charge. It comes with the standard front and rear facing cameras, which are 2.1 MP and 4 MP respectively. The rear camera may seem to be sub par, because it only has a 4 MP spec, but that isn't everything when it comes to the quality of a camera. Where the HTC One shines is in the 1/3-inch sensor on the rear facing camera, which is larger than most competitors. If all the tech jargon means nothing to you, at least know that I personally love my HTC One, and would recommend it to everyone. It's touch screen is sleek, and responsive. It's sturdy, compact, and not prone to failure. As a whole it's a very good phone, one which I have yet to find a problem with, and one which I would try to sell anyone and everyone on. Just a piece of advice though... Get an Otterbox, or a Lifeproof. No matter what phone you decide to purchase a case is a MUST HAVE, and will save you from breaking your phone time and time again. Otterbox and Lifeproof are the two best cases available, and no matter which you get you will love it. Hope this all helps you make a decision! :)

8. rocknrolla12

rocknrolla12 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9
    I have an Apple 4S, coming to end of 2 year contract next month, not sure whether to get iPhone 5 or Samsung S4?

9. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Get the Sony Xperia Z2, better than both iphone 5 and Samsung S4. Better processor, more ram, better camera.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I was kinda forced into an N5 a couple weeks ago. It's not an N4, but still a very solid phone. If product support is a "must have" for you....you can't beat a Nexus or iPhone.

I can't echo the praise for HTC that the1nfection is preaching as my personal experience is quite the opposite. My first and last HTC phone was the HTC Trophy and turned out to be complete garbage. I had 3 of them blow speakers, 1 of them had issues with the antennas and 1 refused to update. After 9 months and 3 phones, I gave up on HTC.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    as iam Mr.BoringTime; NOTE 3 became boring too. HTC ONE STEALTH BLACK 2013 version looks good. used silver ugly version and sold it 2 months ago. maybe again HTC ONE 2013 black will be good. battery was amazing. 2 days easily.

Yeah HTC ONE M8 2014 will be come , but it is big, nothing so improved and expensive.

what u say? NO? u dont like me? -_-

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    If you have big fingers and type emails or messages frequently on your phone, iphones are a big let-down with their 4" screen. I would take a WP or android with a 5" screen over an iphone any day.

13. ALPINEST4RS

ALPINEST4RS Member Guru

GPU:
    Gbyte 7970 GHZ 3GB
    i just got a iphone 5c through a upgrade for 99$. I love it. Keep in mind this is my first smart phone ever so my advice could be invalid at this point, lol.

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    As a first smart phone its a good choice.. that choice becomes more difficult for people once they've commited to a platform over time.. (IE, I've had Apple for the last 3 years, have all these apps.. why would I go over to Android to rebuy apps and relearn another os?)

The 5S is a fast phone.. plays games really well, and runs IOS smooth as butter.

That said, I can do FAR MORE with my Android than I could with the restrictive IOS. The fact that I can load up any rom I wish, run emulators, overclock or undervolt the cpu (for better battery etc), change themes and customize to my heart's content, run which ever widgets I please and arrange them however, manage media SO easily with drag and drop.. It just does way more and is wide open, for those that know what they're doing of course.

Anyway, its still all a matter of preference really.

Best phones to go for right now would be HTC One m8, Galaxy S5 (if you like Samsung), or LG Flex (its actually a very fast phone).