Can't access AMD Overdrive in ccc

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by w1w, May 12, 2012.

1. w1w

w1w Member

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    I can't seem to access the Overdrive section in the Catalyst Control Panel, I select it and as soon as I agree to the T&Cs the Performance Tab disappears and, well that's it. I cannot select any overclock settings as they don't appear once this happens.
    I close the windows and open ccc again only to try again which results in the same problem.

I have the 12.4 drivers installed

Any ideas?

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Is the fuel service running?

3. w1w

w1w Member

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    Excuse my ignorance but what is this Fuel Service?

4. Mileunder

Mileunder Member

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB x2
    Yeah i actually have this same problem. I think 12.3 worked for me but 12.2 and 12.4 doesnt.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
  6. w1w

w1w Member

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    No it isn't, just the AMD External Events Utility

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Exit CCC completely (close mom.exe and ccc.exe), start the fuel service and then try Overdrive again. Let us know if that works..:)

8. w1w

w1w Member

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    Hang on, this isn't right is it? Surely the catalyst version should say "12.4" ?

[​IMG]

Also, I don't seem to have this Fuel Service in my Services :

[​IMG]

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah looks like your drivers need updating.

10. w1w

w1w Member

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    I could have sworn I downloaded and installed the suite for 12.4! I only have 11.10... I wonder if I'd used that by mistake (I have a folder where I keep all my previous drivers.)

Odd thing is the version number under driver packaging version seems correct going by the release notes :/

And the date under CCC version seems to match.
    Anyway, uninstall and try again lol, will report back.

11. w1w

w1w Member

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    Right I've just uninstalled and reinstalled the driver suite for my card and the problem still remains.
    Also under services the Fuel Service etc still arn't showing.

The software info seems to have changed slightly though ie. the Catalyst Version number has gone completely !

[​IMG]

12. popeye

popeye Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    You can try going to the Packages/Apps/CCC folder in the driver package. There should be a Fuel subfolder and run the .msi program.

13. w1w

w1w Member

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    Thanks for the help chaps :)

I seemed to have got it working by using this guys suggestions mentioned in this thread :

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=428&threadid=159597&enterthread=y

After uninstalling and running driver sweeper and rebooting I once again tried the 12.4 install.
    After the last reboot my software version(s) etc appears to be the same as in the last screenshot I posted but the Overdrive function now works and I can now access my fan speed :)

[​IMG]

Strangely, my idle temp originally per the beginning of this thread and my troubles were around 52c whereas now they seem to be back to 41c ish.
    I say back to 41c as I've just upgraded from a Phenom 955 setup which I was running 12.1 on and the temps then were in the 40s to an i52600K/Z68 setup.
    As soon as I had finished updating windows etc on this new upgrade I installed 12.4, only noticed the temps when running furmark.

---

Scratch that, as of typing this my I just checked my idle temps and they've gone back to 52/53ish

But atleast the Overdrive panel still works lol

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  14. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    8.96 IS 12.4, it doesnt matter what the cat version is

i dont have fuel service either, never had a problem with the OD tabs, maybe fuel service is for newer/specific cards?