Cannot Use ATT, too sad

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by at0msk, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. at0msk

at0msk Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic HD3870 512
    Windows Vista x64

I have a bat file that runs

Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON
    bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

at start up. I have even run through "gpedit.msc" and set the Code signing for devices drivers to IGNORE findings of drivers without signatures (gpedit.msc > User Configuration > Admin Template > System > Driver Installation) and nothing works other than booting up with the driver signature disabled but this needs to be done at boot every time in order for ATI Tools to work. It works beautifully when I boot up with the device driver signature crap disabled but I simply cannot do this each time I reboot my computer!

I would have to say that, because of Microsoft, or a lack of effort on Ray's part that I can no longer attempt to use this program and hope to find an alternative.

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Google!

3. at0msk

at0msk Member Guru

GPU:
    Have!

In all honesty though. I'd love to ditch CCC and use ATT so if you could be more specific...

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Soory. But if you installed some of Vista64 updates like these ones:
    KB932596
    KB938194
    KB938979.
    and may be some new ones. You will not be able any more to disable digital signature checking. So no drivers without real signature will be able to start.
    Say thanks to Billi.

5. at0msk

at0msk Member Guru

GPU:
    OR, I could thank you for not starting a fund to actually get your program a real signature...

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I just don't want to pay $400 per year for my software, just because Microsoft wants more money

7. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    seriously, you don't really want ray to pay microsoft for sigs because that would mean ray would have to come up with $ money from us for his great program just to cover those costs. ray provides us with a free tool that he works on, and uses his free time. If fingers are to be pointed, point them at microsoft for coming up with paranoid reason for impliment stupid protections and other garbage that breaks things that were working just fine before.

8. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I use Vista64 on my home computer and of course without those updates. But I'm waiting for some hidden updated which will break this system again. I mean, Microsoft can make update for example for IE or Media player and include behavior from that "bad" updates into new ones not directly related to the drivers and digital signing. :)
    How knows? May be Billy's Porsche needs repair? :)

9. at0msk

at0msk Member Guru

GPU:
    you don't update this program hardly at all, shelling out money for one signature and then leaving it be would suffice

10. desertjedi

desertjedi Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260
    Cool it with the juvenile comments. Have any clue how much time Ray has put into this utility? Have any idea how much that time was worth in monetary terms?

11. at0msk

at0msk Member Guru

GPU:
    there is nothing juvenile about that post so nothing is going to be cooled, understand?

12. swing848

swing848 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Lightning

13. at0msk

at0msk Member Guru

GPU:

14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Enough!

This is for all!

Don't like ATT because it doesn't work with Vista64 or HD 2xxx HD 3xxx! Use other utils!
    I've spent about 4 year of my life on ATT if this cost nothing for you, this program is not for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.