Cannot get 1080p 60Hz with 185, 186 and 190 series driver...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dark_helmet, Jul 17, 2009.

1. dark_helmet

dark_helmet Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 295
    I am connected to an LCD HDTV via DVI-HDMI.
    This TV reports 1080p HD as its resolution as well as the HD LED on the TV gets turned on.
    However this stopped happening with drivers beyond 182 series.

With 185.85, 186.18, 190.38 the TV does show 1920x1080/60 resolution but it doesnt detect it to be an HD signal.
    It should be showing "1080p HD" like before.

As a result watching movies the screen flickers as if its trying to reset the resolution.

It just seems the PC isnt sending the correct signal.

This Sony LCD I have has a "Full Pixel" mode that appears when its getting an HD signal.
    With thes new drivers that mode also never comes up.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Also the signal is HD when the computer is booting, but as soon as windows loads it switches to something that makes the TV believe thats 1] its no HD and 2] its still 1920x1080

Also in the nvidia control panel if I go and change the signal to 1080p/24Hz...then the TV does indeed recognize it as an HD signal. The HD LED gets turned on and TV reports "1080p 24Hz"...I however want it to be 60hz HD signal.

:bang:

TV: Sony XBR9 55" 1080p
    Video: GTX 295

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  2. dark_helmet

dark_helmet Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 295
    any help?

3. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Try the 182.50 drivers, they seem to work ok for most but are a little old now.

4. dark_helmet

dark_helmet Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 295
    well i am using 182.50 only since i cant get the newer ones to work

5. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Until nVidia pulls their head out, your stuck I'm afraid. The 185.XX's have AF problems/cheats? as demonstrated on the net, where tri and bi filtering is being used instead of full AF, the 186.XX seem to work better for newer cards and worse for older cards with no change of FPS in games that I can see and where blurry on my system "Out of focus", and the 190.XX drivers seem rushed out to showcase the new features and crash often. I still don't understand how the 190.XX's got a WHQL rating with so many glaring problems.

Don't get me wrong, I really love nVidia's hardware but their drivers, at least lately have been kinda poor. I'm sure some one will come on and tell us how well nVidia's drivers are running on their rig, but I don't see it here. "YES I DID A CLEAN INSTALL, LOL"

Wait a little longer, I'm sure they will sort it soon with so many posts they can't ignore it long.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    dark_helmet what O/S are you using?

Flakman, no sure sure they will fix dark_helmet's problem as its the first i've heard of this exact thing, alot of posts about the 59hz thing, but apparently that is a fixed bug rather than a bug itself.

I know the CP Resolution options have changed since the 190.** drivers, but i'm using a Samsung TV and all seems fine, and any reason why you don't use 24hz?

7. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The 182.50 have worked flawlessly on my system so far, every game, so it's not like I need a new driver right away. It would be nice, if in the near future, if I had a newer, nicer, shiny new driver that worked well.

But for now, if it's not broke ;)

8. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    try disabling DDC detection, and creating the resolutions you need.

9. Warboy

Warboy Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 2080 Ti
    185.85 should work, They did for me. till I started working on bypasses via Rivatuner.