Cannot download Crysis Wars on Steam

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by evilkiller650, Jan 29, 2009.

1. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Lately I have had an itch to play some Crysis Wars but whenever I try to download it, I get this message:
    I restarted Steam and the computer several times but nothing has fixed it! It is only the second time that I have tried to download it.
    I can download and install any other game fine, I even installed Crysis Warhead!

Does anyone have any fixes? I'd reinstall Steam but I don't want to lose all my CSS settings, etc!
    Thanks.

2. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    What counterstrike setting? You know all your Steam game configs are stored in "Cloud". It is a new service of Steam. It stores all your game info & configs so you can install Steam & your games on any computer & Cloud will restore your configs on any pc.

3. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I uninstalled Steam and deleted the whole folder. Cleaned out the registry several times and restarted.
    Installed Steam and tried to download CW.... STILL DOESN'T WORK! WTF? Guess its over to Steam support where I gotta wait 3 years for a reply!

4. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I just gave it a shot and it's working fine here. I started downloading Crysis Wars and stopped it again without any problems... :frown:

5. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Very weird.

What the hell could be causing it then? As I said, I completely uninstalled Steam and made sure the Steam folder was non existent then I used CCleaner's Registry cleaner several times over then restarted! :(

6. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Not sure either. Did you try to download any other games you purchased on Steam?

7. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    TF2, GRID, GTA IV, Crysis Warhead, Far Cry 2, HL to name the main ones all work fine. Gave L4D a shot and I got the error message first time round but I tried again and it worked!

Guess the only thing I can do is wait till Steam answer the support ticket! :(

8. subxero

subxero Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I bought it this morning from Steam. I kept getting the "server busy" error until around 6:30pm est. I submitted a support ticket around 1:30 and haven't heard anything about it. Maybe they checked into it and got it fixed.

I hope you can get it downloaded.

9. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I just checked it again, and everything's still fine here: :frown:

[​IMG]

10. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Seems to be working now! :D Glad to know it was a problem on Steam's end.... or at least on my end on Steam's end.... if that make sense :p

Download speeds are going crazy! 500kb to 1.3mb a second.... wheres my constant 2.1MB to 2.3BMB! :(