Can we get rid of the censorship?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Titan, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan

Titan Guest

Well the subject line kinda explains it all. Im just a tad annoyed that words have to be censorned. Frankly i don't see how **** is any less offending than seeing the actual word. Besides, who actually gets offended by it anyways. Everyone finds a way of cussing if the want to. Like F*CK and SHlT ect.

If the answer is protecting the forum from 8 year olds and such, it wouldn't really make much sense since we have a whole thread filled with adult material.

And when i feel cuss words would complete a rant i wrote, it pisses me off to see stars all over my post and having to edit it so people wouldn't have to guess what word should have been there.

Nobody does anything about the ways people slip through and fill the forum with "inapropriate words" so i dont see why we can't just get rid of the censorship altogether.

If its hassle and work i understand but if it can be done by the click of a button, it would be appreciated.

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Absolutely not.

3. Titan

Titan Guest

erh...why not?

4. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    we promote good health and sense of well being in our forum posters ,we promote people to stop smoking,swearing and drinking ,and doing drugs ,are you up for the Guru3D health and well being challenge ? Well I sure hope you do ,cause ,at least there aint no swear words blatently written all over this forum like in say ISONEWS,now how about a big cup OF shut the **** up ! :D

5. TheReproducer

TheReproducer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 660 ti Jetstream
    Coarse slang has it's place. And that place is the gutter. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.