Can people with a 6800 ultra/gt run the cs:source stress test please

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by pkrexer, Oct 8, 2004.

1. pkrexer

pkrexer Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GT
    Can people run the test and compare it to mine?

I just posted a screenshot of my score.. along with some other pics over @ rage3d and got flamed because people with X800 XT's think i'm lying or something?

Run the test @ 1600x1200 4xaa 16xaf.. I scored 86fps and people @ rage3d think I should be getting close to 50 "because websites who benchmarked them show that"

I'm running my gt @ 420/1.12 with the 66.70 drivers.

[​IMG]

2. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Rage 3d is an ATI forum they are trying to confuse u

3. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    i would love to, but unfortunatly im limited to 1280x1024.
    1280x1024 4aa 16af, and everything maxed out (i actully had reflect all on aswell), i got 108.73 fps.
    so your score is fine. some people just dont like the fact that nvidia is doing so well on source engine.

4. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    That's not true. Most likely AA and AF aren't working in-game. Try turing them on via drivers and tell us what you get. It'll most like be less than 40FPS.

5. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    ATI fanboyism thats why they don't want to realize over there that nvidia has improved their DX9 support, in fact they should be so hard on the nvidia guys because there cards are kind of in the same boat as the FX's were, due that they don't fully take advantage of DX9.0c w/SM 3.0. so it the war rages on, its kind of sad....

6. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    less than 40 fps, yeah sure. :)
    his score is about right. and at those settings im sure he would know if aa & af were working, it would look smooth as hell.

7. im just wondering y if Nvidia is doing so well on Source engine benchmarks that the X800 series r the official Source engine cards???

(The Geoforce 6xxx series r the official for Doom 3 and Unreal 3 engines)
    *Shrugs*

8. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    ati isnt offical for source engine, its offical for half life 2 game,
    heres some info,
    the game, vampire: the masquerades bloodlines, is an Nvidia the way its ment to played game, and it uses the source engine.
    ---
    also, the geforce 6xxx series isnt the offical for doom 3, doom 3 wasnt developed to run better on the nvidia 6 series, it runs better on the 6 series because nvidia has better opengl drivers, there is a couple of things in doom 3 that are there only for the nvidia cards (ultrashadow 2 for example), but it wasnt actully optimized for the nvidia cards.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  9. Alexstarfire

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Hey, I'm just telling y'all because I said the same thing. I was like how is my 6800 GT beating a 6800 Ultra at 1600x1200 with 4xAA and 8xAF. I was getting like 80 and there's was like 50. Then I went and turned AA and AF on through drivers just to make sure. And guess what? I ran the stress test again and got like 32 FPS or something. My CPU holds me back so that's why it's so low. I'm just saying that the in-game ones don't work right. Have you ever run the stress test and seen a little bit more purple in there than normal, you know what I mean too. I don't care if you don't feel like believeing me or not but I'm just telling you the truth. And don't even think of calling me a fanboy because I happen to have used both ATI and nVidia cards. I just happen to like nVidia's drivers a lot better.

BTW, I also heard that nVidia was doing some work on the DX9 compiler for the cards. I heard they were only like 70% done or something. Not sure if it's really true or not, but if it is then it looks like us nVidia people have something to look forward to. Something like that could finally put those stupid ATI fanboys to shame.

10. Katze

Katze Member

1280x1024, all other settings at limit and i get 133 fps

11. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    yeah i know what your on about, the purple happens if you run a test, then you change settings then run a test again,
    to get round it, after every change of settings quit the game and restart it, it wont happen after that.
    also i do know the early beta had a real problem with random scores, but on the final, my score is always around the same, and aa & af are deffinatly on, if i switch them off my score goes around 20fps higher.

12. Alexstarfire

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Well I'm telling you if you do them through driver you will see the difference.

13. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I get 124 fps at defult settings and reflect all turned on. PS. if you set the in game aa to 4x and the driver setting to 4x that's equal to 8x... except the driver is doing it first then the game is aa'ing what the driver just did. Woo that was a mouth full. Same with the af. Leave the driver settings to "application". Just to clear things up I get 120 fps with it on Quality and optimizations on.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  14. weeds

weeds Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800 GT SSC SLi
    I ran the stress test both ways, aa af via game, aa af via Control Panel
    also with optimizations on and off. Can only run 1280x1024, no 1600x1200.
    Forceware 66.70.
    In Game settings high, reflect all, vsync off.

1280x1024
    4xaa 16xaf Applied thru game.
    Control Panel = High Quality Optimizations Off.

94.27 FPS

1280x1024
    4xaa 16xaf Applied thru Control Panel.
    Control Panel = High Quality Optimizations Off.

93.16 FPS

1280x1024
    4xaa 16xaf Applied thru game.
    Control Panel = Quality Optimizations On.

114.34 FPS

1280x1024
    4xaa 16xaf Applied thru Control Panel.

112.71 FPS

1280x1024
    0xaa 0xaf Applied thru Control Panel.

139.12 FPS

The differences i see between Control panel and In game settings is within margin of error coupled with 0xaa and 0xaf
    results (forced off thru Control panel), Id say aa and af are working fine.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  15. Owe

Owe New Member

GPU:
    Asus 7950gx2
    I get around 86 FPS running the stress test in 1600x1200 4xAA & 8xAF.
    Both AA & AF is enabled else i need glasses.

/Owe