1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use 3D VR headset as a monitor?

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by mike2299, Oct 1, 2019.

1. mike2299

mike2299 Member

GPU:
    nVidia
    Hi,
    If I connect a 3D VR headset (Oculus, etc) to HDMI, can I use this headset instead of a monitor and play non-3d games? Will they create stereo effect in games?
    Thanks

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    You can play non vr games in theaters mode which is like sitting in the cinema and playing your games on a big screen, as for 3d games i know a few will run in 3d sbs with some big screen vr apps......you would need to go through them yourself as a trail and error to find out which ones work.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Bear in mind the resolution on most headsets isn't amazing if you use them in theatre mode or some such. There are a fair few apps that let you do this.

Also, all headsets need a real monitor in the first place to set it up and start it.

No headsets, as far as I know, have software on board to allow it to act as an independent display/monitor.

4. mike2299

mike2299 Member

GPU:
    nVidia
    Thank you guys!