Can I Uninstall NVIDIA 3D Vision & Controller Drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by synoptic12, Nov 18, 2019.

1. synoptic12

synoptic12 Member

GPU:
    Ge Force Gt 620
    Greetings,
    I recently installed a GT 620 in replacement of a GT 220 which failed after nine years. The original GT 220 was O.E.M. by HP ( HP PN: 533212-001). The 3D application was installed with the GT 220 and never used the program. No problems were ever associated with 3D that I’m aware.
    Can I safely disable the 3D Vision and Controller drivers in the new GT 620 graphics card I installed. I was unaware of the aspects relating to 3D, prior to installation. Secondarily, I’ve been hesitant to uninstall without knowing if the drivers are bundled within a container, adjoining the graphic drivers. Finally, the Windows Experience Index changed upon installing the GT 620.
    The GT 220 had a Windows Index of 5.9 O.E.M. After installing GT 620, the Windows Index dropped to 4.1. I uninstalled the GeForce Experience and re-ran the Index rating, as the score was upped to 4.8. The 3D business gaming and graphics graphics performance was originally 6.5, then dropped to 6.3 after installation of the GT 620. Desktop performance for Windows Aero was 6.5 O.E.M., then dropped to 4.1 after GT 620 installation and was upped slightly to 4.8 after removal of GeForce Experience.
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...-support-for-3d-vision-in-game-ready-drivers/
    I would very much appreciate all assistance relating to the aforesaid. Thank you very much.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    Yes,

Try using nvslimmer with the drivers.

May I ask why you chose a 620?

3. synoptic12

synoptic12 Member

GPU:
    Ge Force Gt 620
    A.) Non-U.E.F.I., PCI, 2.0 X 16 (Old School) > PNY 'Works excellent, extremely quiet. Not a gamer. Did not wish to have any issues with the BIOS or mobo. I'll look into the nvslimmer. Not really big on installing anything. There really is no freeware or shareware, irrespective of what any say. Malware, adware, spyware, exe. files, and the grand finale, 'They all swipe your files', nothing new. When this action is performed, they can disrupt one's system. Thanks very much for your assistance.

4. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    Yes you can.

And you aren't playing any games, so don't worry about any of those index ratings. Even if you were playing games they wouldn't matter because the 620 isn't capable of playing games even on it's best day. But it will work fine for browsing the web and general office work.

5. synoptic12

synoptic12 Member

GPU:
    Ge Force Gt 620
    Thanks very much. That is all I'm interested.

6. synoptic12

synoptic12 Member

GPU:
    Ge Force Gt 620
    Actually, I work a lot with audio and video. Could any recommend a Legacy graphics card, No U.E.F.I, 2.0 X 16, DDR3, 128 bit or more; PCI > is that feasible? I'm not certain if 3.0 is backward compatible, along with DDR5.
    Motherboard: MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E) motherboard
    Processor Intel ® Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHZ, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical
    Power Supply: Bestec > Model: ATX0300D5WC : Rev :B (300W)

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Sounds like my GT240 card

8. synoptic12

synoptic12 Member

GPU:
    Ge Force Gt 620
    * Very good, I'll take one new if you have it. My GT 220 lasted nine years until the fan went kaput; heating up badly, possibly a cap as well. Raceway looked good as well as diodes. However, PNY GT 620 is performing excellently. Again, not a gamer.