1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I setup OC profile to run according Application? In Rivatuner...

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by busta_dude, May 13, 2008.

1. busta_dude

busta_dude Active Member

GPU:
    Sapp R9 280x Dual X Stock
    As the title mentioned...Can I setup OC profile to run base on what game that I'm running? For example, if I wanna play Crysis at OC speed, I didn't need to set the profile first and run the Game but when I run Crysis, the OC profile for the Crysis will load automatically, when I wanna play less stress graphics game, I just run the game for example Wow then the OC profile for Wow will load automatically with WoW...If can, could anyone gimme any link or guide through this matter? tHANX....

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Launcher tab serves for launching desired application with selected profile(s) and restoring the previous settings after closing that appplication.

3. busta_dude

busta_dude Active Member

GPU:
    Sapp R9 280x Dual X Stock
    Unwinder answer my call...Oh my...I'm gonna faint..I'm gonna faint..Can you please enlighten me how can I set that?

4. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB
    Of course you can. I made an example for you. I have 3 profiles: underclock, stock and overclock. Usually I use RTSS to dynamic launch underclock and stock profiles based on Hardware acceleration, but for Assassin's Creed I want to play with video card overclocked.
    So I define a new launcher item like in picture below.

[​IMG]

Usually I'm in underclock profile while I'm surfing/movies/office. Now what's happens after I press Ctrl+A? Game is launched, video card is overclocked, and I play. When I exit the game video card is at initial profile (underclock for me).

[​IMG]

Simple as that. :)

BTW, something similar does RMClock for my CPU: underclock/undervolt in idle and stock speeds in games.

Last edited: May 13, 2008

5. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    And right click the Launcher item to create a shortcut on the desktop.

6. desertjedi

desertjedi Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260
    Thanks Burebista! I've used this screen before but never thought of using it for oc'ing. I tried kicking off an overclock by D3D Acceleration but that didn't work so then I tried kicking off an overclock based on temps and that works but its not the ideal way to go.

What you described seems by far the best way to go. Thanks.

7. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB
    Yep, that is if you have 3 profiles. But if you have only 2 profiles (stock and overclock for example) you can do a dynamic switch between profiles based on Hardware acceleration. RTSS must be running in background and he'll take care about switching profiles.
    How? Pretty simple. In Scheduler tab
    [​IMG]
    You should define 2 events, one overclock another stock, both based on hardware monitoring threshold based on Hardware acceleration.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

So, with RTSS active in background, what's happens when I launch a 3D app? It switches dynamic between profiles.

[​IMG]

8. desertjedi

desertjedi Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260
    Burebista, I've never been able to get anything to work based on "Hardware Acceleration" so I finally came back to this thread and saw that you said that RTSS must be running.

Is there any way to get RTSS to start at Windows startup? I currently have it mapped to NumPlus/NumMinus. If it doesn't start automatically, I'm simply going to forget to start it before I begin gaming.

I'm trying to get the overclock and even the fan speed increase to occur automatically without having to remember anything.

And I can't make a desktop shortcut (like CTRL-A for Assassin's Creed like shown above). I'm doing this for Armed Assault and you create different shortcuts for different mods or you use an interactive mod launcher so, as I said, I can not simply use a desktop shortcut to kick all that off.

9. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Launcher>green cross>reg item>Assoc app>Browse>Predefined app's>%RTSS% (Server load). Back at Launcher>right click>create shortcut to desktop>put shortcut in your startup folder.

Hope I didn't miss a step. Let me know if it works or not. Don't forget to give the Launcher a name or the fields will not display.

10. desertjedi

desertjedi Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260
    Boogie, the shortcut in the Startup menu didn't work out well. RTSS would start but it would prevent RivaTuner itself from starting. Instead, if you simply go the Server main panel, there's a tick box for "Start at Windows Startup". That worked fine - both RivaTuner and the Server started up at Windows startup.

I then used Hardware Acceleration to kick off my fan speed increase and a video card overclock on the "upward swing". On the "downward swing", I had RT kick off a lower fan speed and stock video card clocks.

The last problem was that the OSD was always on because the Server was running. I wanted the ability to see it sometimes by a key stroke. I tried a Launcher item with a hotkey associated with OSD On and a hotkey associated with OSD Off. That did not work. The OSD would not shut off. So instead, I associated a hotkey with OSD Toggle. That worked perfectly!!!

I now have everything working just the way I wanted it. Thanks to all for the help!

11. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    As long as it works as you like sounds good.

Now go kill something !

12. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    This has been a great help for me. My card overclocks kick in exactly when my games start. But I ma having problem getting the clocks back to default after I finish gaming. I mean downward swing does not work..

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008