Can i put in SLI 2 gtx 460, but from diferent makers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by vingji, Dec 14, 2011.

1. vingji

vingji Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1Gb ram DDR5
    Hello. I am stuck with my Gtx 460 Point of view. Since i can not sell it and cant buy a stronger card, i thought to buy another one and put them in sli, but the problem is that i can not find the same card of Point of view. I have found one from Gigabyte for 135€. So i wanted to know of i can put diferent makers cards in SLI????????

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    yeah but I do not think your psu would be strong enough. is it the 1 in your sig?

3. vingji

vingji Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1Gb ram DDR5
    With the GS 650 watt i dont think i will have a problem, because if i can put them in sli i dont intend to overclok them. But the Point is if i can put 2 different cards makers together???

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    that was not in your sig when I replied to your post it was a 450watt
    you have a link to your psu it may be enough as long as its good. yes you can sli any 2 1gb 460s does not matter the brand. I have evga and galaxy

5. retroman1971

retroman1971 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560ti 1gb @ 950c
    You can move ahead with your plans to sli but your cpu will limit performance heavily. It would be a pointless upgrade quite frankly unless you need another vga in order to run multiple monitors.

6. vingji

vingji Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1Gb ram DDR5
    Here is the link of the PSU:
    http://www.neths.it/Alimentatori/Al...Alimentatore+ATX+600W+CORSAIR+GS600+14cm.html

And i know about the CPU that it will bottleneck them but i cant go more then 1920x1080 my monitor is 22". I will certanly change my mobo and CPU, but i cant right now, and i wanted to know if these 2 cards can be put in SLI, because the grafik card is almost always the one that costs the most, and my CPU and mobo i can sell them but i dont know why here any one want get my GTX for 100euros :bang: , and i dont want to sell that for lower price, so i opted for SLI insted.

thanks fellas.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    youll need a new psu. that corsair unit only comes with 2x 6+2 pin pci-e connectors. youll need 4x 6 pin connectors for both cards.

8. Psycho101

Psycho101 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 SLI @ 850/4100
    You'd have to change motherboard anyway. the G41 doesn't support SLI. Even P45/X48 doesn't support SLI.

9. vingji

vingji Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1Gb ram DDR5
    I am using now my POV gtx with 500watt psu with 1 6pin pcie and another 6pin Y adaptor, have overkloced it to 890mhz core and 2100mhz memory and no problem, so i thought to change the PSU, sell the one i have together with mobo and CPU, and then complete the rest in about 1-2 month. I wanted to buy a sli motherboard and an i5 2500 or 2500k if i find it belowe 190 euros, after i find these one i can get the other GTX for less than 120euros i think.

Do you think is a got idea, or just wait a bit for the new realeses of next year and than buy almost all PC parts new???? :3eyes::confused:

10. vingji

vingji Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1Gb ram DDR5

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    no. it only has 2x 6pin pci-e connectors. also, as psycho101 stated, your chipset dont support sli. so youll need to upgrade your motherboard too.

12. vingji

vingji Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1Gb ram DDR5
    but what about the Y adaptor for 6 pin conector, as i am using now????

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    its not recommended due to power the constraints both gpus will be pulling.

14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    No point; your motherboard will not work with sli. That psu isnt for sli, and you wouls have to use 2 adapters for power, which isnt recommended. Get tx750v2

15. vingji

vingji Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1Gb ram DDR5
    well i think it is time for me just to get together some money, sell this one i have and than get a hole new PC????? thanks fellas for your time.